Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just stepping into ownership of my first Ducati as of yesterday. Made a 2 1/2 hr drive over to Greenville, SC in the cold/rain and bought a used (560mi) 2007 Sport 1000s from Touring Sport.

Once that 1000s bug bit me, I focused hard on getting one asap. Sold my beloved Triumph Thruxton to swing the $$$ needed to buy the S outright, but the moment I swung a leg over her ... aahhhh ... it was well worth it.

The forum looks cool, even though it looks like it's owned by the same Canada-based company that's buying up all the other popular motorcycle forums. :think:

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
The forum looks cool, even though it looks like it's owned by the same Canada-based company that's buying up all the other popular motorcycle forums. :think:
Welcome to the forum. Don't let the forum's ownership bother you. They pretty much leave us alone to do our own thing.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome ... hope you enjoy the S.... the riding position takes some getting used to but all in all its a great bike.... and there's lots of good help and advise here. You'll probably get bitten by the modification bug soon!
Cheers

·
Registered
724 Posts
Nice bike Officer! What? NO YELLOW!?? Just messing with ya. Welcome aboard, gorgeous bike and watch your 6!

Be safe brother....

PS- Ex K-9 cop here brother....:)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow S owner! :yeah: Looks like the previous owner of the S upgraded the rear springs-did they do something to the front forks as well? BTW, What's under the hood of the police cruiser? Good luck.

Hey guys, just stepping into ownership of my first Ducati as of yesterday. Made a 2 1/2 hr drive over to Greenville, SC in the cold/rain and bought a used (560mi) 2007 Sport 1000s from Touring Sport.

Once that 1000s bug bit me, I focused hard on getting one asap. Sold my beloved Triumph Thruxton to swing the $$$ needed to buy the S outright, but the moment I swung a leg over her ... aahhhh ... it was well worth it.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Well spotted flyingchappy....wonder if anything else has been done...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. About the only mods on the immediate future are side fairings and a tail chop. I have a garage full of toys, so modding money is usually spread thin. Hope the weatherman knows how to forecast cause Weds is my day off and it's suppose to be sunny ...

flyingchappy - PO just did the Ohlins on the rear and a belt buckle pad on the tank. Other than that, it's VERY stock ... still has the charcoal box on it.

CU3RVO - nice to see like-kind here. 21 yrs on the job and holding a leash for the last 6. Just got back from American Alum's seminar in Perry, Fl the first week of March.

corks67 - I'm in the burbs of Atlanta.

TDOB - I will say the riding position did have me thinking WTF, then I twisted the throttle. It's all good.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I would like to be the first of many to suggest a 14t front sprocket. The cheapest and most bang for the buck thing you can do.But you probably heard all this before .cheers JS

·
Registered
737 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome. The longer i'm on this site, the lower my finances have become :D haha

I just had my 'S' in for it's 1000km service... and while i was there, i threw on a set of ST4 forks, Dietrich's air box cover and a set of Termi's. I didn't opt for the 14t myself, but my GT has it. After a week of zipping around the burbs...it's certrainly a noticable difference. May wait till the 12000km and go the 520 conversion instead... If i can wait that long :eek:

So many reasons to do all that extra overtime... :cool:

Enjoy!!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
gorgeous ride - welcome to the gang!
the more you ride it, the better it will feel - and the mods will make more sense after a few K's in the saddle :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome to the forum, your bike is a beauty and one of my favorites. I would probably like your dog, too, because I had a lovely German Shepard when he retired from the local PD. RIP Dax....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. I have to say, I was a little stickered shocked when I got the yearly rate for the insurance on it. Almost 4X the $$$ of my Thruxton I just sold and no explanation of why. WTH? That put a hurt my wallet and put a hold on any modding just for now.

Anyway, here's a pic of my Thruxton I sold to buy my S. Loved this bike, but the S made me want to throw rocks at it. Besides, we have 3 more Triumph Bonnevilles in the garage if I feel the need.

leopard - I feel your loss, bro. Have a local in this area with a partner name Dax. Here's me and my current working partner, Bady. I also have an early retired single purpose female GSD that we'll have a litter from once a year so sometimes we're overwhelmed by dogs here.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome to the Brotherhood! You are gonna love that bike.

If you don't have one already get that 14 tooth sprocket on there. It makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Thanks guys. I have to say, I was a little stickered shocked when I got the yearly rate for the insurance on it. Almost 4X the $$$ of my Thruxton I just sold and no explanation of why. WTH? That put a hurt my wallet and put a hold on any modding just for now.
You need to check some other companies. Some quote by make and model designation, some quote purely by displacement. If they quote by displacement, that's a great place to insure your Duc. If they quote by make and model, that's a great place to insure a BMW. Some companies lump all Ducatis together and consider them all Super Sports.

Even outside that issue, motorcycle rates vary a lot from company to company, more than cars. Try Geico and Dairyland.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Do Ducati offer their own insurance in the US?
Here in the UK I've used Ducati insurance for a few years now as its consistently been cheaper for me to insure all my bikes.
Its not part of Ducati but an affiliate I think, just using the name, a Ducati main dealer may be able to help.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome...

if you are looking for a tail chop, look up WASP, he makes some good stuff.
Thanks, I've already been in contact with WASP.

Surely you will be putting some loud cans on that thing, right, officer? :D
dunno why not, all the motor officers in this county have loud pipes on their dept issue Harleys. :) in all seriousness, the state statute here says the vehicle must be equipt with a muffler - doesnt say anything about the db levels.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts