Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang, needing some advice here, which i'm sure must have reared it's ugly head on this forum many times before but possibly easier to ask than try and locate it ha ha : )
QUERY : Being the short-arse that i am, i am looking to purchase an aftermarket SHORTER rear seat height adjuster for my 2001 748, it's already wound down on the original but it ain't low enough, would feel a hell of a lot more comfortable to drop it another inch or 2 pref.
Anybody know of a web address or phone number to locate said piece ?
All advice appreciated.
This is now my 3rd Ducati in a row and there's no turning back.
Cheers Pete

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,879 Posts
If you can't reach by lowering the front and rear 1/2 inch max, and using the thinnest seat bearable, then I would really try to steer you in another direction. I know you probably love the styling of the 748, and I'm with you 100%, but honestly, lowering the bike 2 inches would be doing it a huge disservice. Maybe try one of the Monsters--a nice 8-valve S4 would get you the same power but you should be able to find a better compromise in ride height.

Good luck. I hate to dissuade anyone from these wonderful bikes, but ultimately they need to be ridden and ridden properly to extract fullest enjoyment from them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks nine16, but i already have the bike and ride it daily : ) I've had 2 monsters before this 748, and yes they were both a fair bit lower.
I would just feel more comfortable with a bit more foot contact with the ground : ) I don't race the 748 as such, so am not too worried about performance at full speed, and the 3 points i have left on my licence are slowing me down too ha ha. Cheers mate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts