Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing with bikes from TZs to GT750s and CB77 racers for decades. Both my sons have owned Duc's and I finally got a project. It's an ST3 that a buddy of mine managed to crash. Of course every plastic part on the bike is cracked and broken.

After a search on line I finally had to accept that a replacement Top fairing was about as likely to appear as a unicorn, so I decided to make it into a naked/cafe racer.

Headlamp will be a simple LED, R/R will be MOSFET and seat will be custom made. I have chopped off some unneeded frame tubes at the rear because it will never have panniers or a pillion and the back end of the frame will be more like an early monster. The motor will probably have to come out to finish frame welding and I am trying to resist teh temptation to stip, clean and rebuild it. I'll probably just fit a custom dry clutch cover, remove the center stand and lighten the ridiculous wiring loom.

Bike came with DP air box, mufflers and ECU so that's a start.

I have yet to find a seat on any custom ST2/3/4 that looks nice, so I will have to make one from scratch to try to match the frame and tank shapes.

It looks like it should be a fun town bike.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Great intro. Good man.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys. Wiring is a just a big old tangle of colored spaghetti at the moment as I try to relocate almost everything electrical.

Currently trying different seat options by chopping existing seats around and lots of colored crayons and printouts to get ideas.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.