Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing with bikes from TZs to GT750s and CB77 racers for decades. Both my sons have owned Duc's and I finally got a project. It's an ST3 that a buddy of mine managed to crash. Of course every plastic part on the bike is cracked and broken.

After a search on line I finally had to accept that a replacement Top fairing was about as likely to appear as a unicorn, so I decided to make it into a naked/cafe racer.

Headlamp will be a simple LED, R/R will be MOSFET and seat will be custom made. I have chopped off some unneeded frame tubes at the rear because it will never have panniers or a pillion and the back end of the frame will be more like an early monster. The motor will probably have to come out to finish frame welding and I am trying to resist teh temptation to stip, clean and rebuild it. I'll probably just fit a custom dry clutch cover, remove the center stand and lighten the ridiculous wiring loom.

Bike came with DP air box, mufflers and ECU so that's a start.

I have yet to find a seat on any custom ST2/3/4 that looks nice, so I will have to make one from scratch to try to match the frame and tank shapes.

It looks like it should be a fun town bike.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Great intro. Good man.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys. Wiring is a just a big old tangle of colored spaghetti at the moment as I try to relocate almost everything electrical.

Currently trying different seat options by chopping existing seats around and lots of colored crayons and printouts to get ideas.

IMG_20191206_215218528.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts