Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,,Back into motorcycles after a long absence,,(15 yrs!,can I be that old?) picked up a 2001 750 Supersport,I thought it would make a nice commuter,simple engine,nice looks and fantastic sound..Running sort of naked with only the front fairing,has Ducati Carbon pipes,,Put around 1000 miles on,really enjoying it,but I am collecting a bit of oil behind the rear cylinder,enough to ooze down the case and leave a drip,a concern because it came with no hugger fender...I dont think its the case breather,I took it off and sealed with silicone,and the PO ran a pipe up under the seat with a filter on the end...Assuming its the base gasket,I'd like to try re torquing first,anyone know the spec. ,or have any experience,advice? Thanks

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
You can try torquing the heads to 30lbft. It may stop the seepage. The aircooled engines tend to weep at the rear of the vert. cyl. depending on how hard they are ridden.If it still leaks resealing the base gasket isn't hard to do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input,,I was assuming replacing the base gasket would be major surgery,dropping the engine and removing the barrel..Is there a tricky way? Maybe remove the head and slide up the barrel,reseal and cross fingers?
I'll try retourquing this weekend and see what happens...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts