Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have just bought my first Ducati - a 2006 ST3S and need to get a handle on some accessories so I thought I'd ask for recommendations:

I need an alarm system - does Ducati have their own recommended solution - aside from the built-in immobiliser?

Are there Ducati-specific bag liners for the ST2/3/4 saddlebags?

Where is the best place to get a real nice Ducati tank protector?

Thanks for all your help.

Keith
Toronto, Ontario

·
Registered
37 Posts
There maybe on Ebay a set of bag liners made for Ducati.
I think the starting bid was $99 USD. They look very nice and well constructed.
Also, there is a alarm on the auction, also made for Ducati, with two remote controls.
Both items are new old stock.
Check this web sitehttp://www.mag-knight.com/ for tank protectors.
They make the typical small ones just for the rear of the tank and also full size ones that go around to the sides of the tank. They work great for protection against ruff riding pants. They are magnetic and are specifically molded for dedicated bike models. Also some of the models are made with factory matching colors. I have the carbon fiber look one and love the way it works.

Good Luck with the new ride...........nice choice.:yeah:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have the motobags for the panniers and a left hand rail bag that goes behind the left side cover that I keep tools in. They are well made and can recommend.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
extrapilot said:
Check this web sitehttp://www.mag-knight.com/ for tank protectors.
They make the typical small ones just for the rear of the tank and also full size ones that go around to the sides of the tank. They work great for protection against ruff riding pants. They are magnetic and are specifically molded for dedicated bike models. Also some of the models are made with factory matching colors. I have the carbon fiber look one and love the way it works.
Second that. I have the full size one and while it took a bit to get it fitted tight, it works great. Well worth the money. I just spent about a half hour with a hair dryer smoothing and fitting and it is almost unnoticeable on the tank.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hi Keith,

I also have a new ST3s in the garage. I had an '05 ST3 that was lost in a crash, so I'm getting this one ready for warmer weather. Few thoughts.

1. Think about getting a "helmet guardian". I've ordered one from California Sport Touring (www.casporttouring.com). They attach on the license plate holder and allow you to lock the helmet there, rather than try to shove it in the pannier.
2. While at it, I'll put on some "hyper-lites". These little LED lights fit very nicely on the helmet guardian and add some additional "flash" to braking. You can see them at www.hyperlites.com.
3. I also have the full Mag-Knight protector. Looks great and we did get it to fit well but it is real slippery against my Aerostich Roadcrafter (and after testing that suit out in my fall last year be assured it will get lots of wear). Anyway, I've just ordered the "total protection kit" from TankSlapper. It has a clear protector for the tank, and comes with clear 3M film for other areas of the bike that get knicked with rocks, scuffed, etc.
4. The motobag idea is a good one and I need to look at what space is/is not available on the ST3s for a "rail bag". I have a StarCom 1 system that I use when I ride with my wife, and that fits right into the tray the tool kit is in. The non-ABS bikes have a plastic "well" that other stuff could go in, but that space is taken up by the ABS on our model.

I loved the ST3. Always made my day to get on it.

Joe

·
Registered
54 Posts
Will the Motobag liners fit the panniers of the 2006 ST3s? Bags are now sourced from Givi.

·
Registered
15 Posts
quote - "Will the Motobag liners fit the panniers of the 2006 ST3s? Bags are now sourced from Givi"

The overall shape and size of the panniers looks the same to me - the latches are the only discernable difference to my eyes. I use the motobags on my '05 ST3 - and highly recommend them. I suspect the motobags will do just fine on the '06 models.

Peter

·
Site Sponsor & Senior Member
193 Posts
Radiator and Oil cooler guards!
ok, sameless plug!
=)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts