Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awesome machine! Being that I have a 34" inseam, I purchased DrDesmo's peg lowers. Unfortunately, it only fits when the panniers brackets are on. Any ideas on alternatives? Do the canisters drag during steep cornering in this position?

Thanks,

nrs
94 BMW R1100rsl
06 Duc ST3s

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also have clearance issues with my Dr. Desmo foot peg lowering plates. The extra 1" drop the plates provide puts your foot pegs pretty close to the exhaust when the exhaust is in the lower position - but there is adequate room. However, I can not raise my pipes to the higher position - there is just not enough room.

I found this true for both the stock exhaust and the aftermarket Sils exhaust.

Congrats on the new ride - your gonna love it.

Peter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Peg Lowering

Congrats on the new machine. I have a 36" inseam and went with LT's (Desmo Times) lowering kit. It took a bit to set up so that the shifter would't hit the side stand when it was up. Also, moving the brake lower took a bit of work as well, especially since you need a new bolt for the brake switch. No clearance problems (although I haven't had it at the track yet).

·
Registered
319 Posts
nrsanders said:
Awesome machine! Being that I have a 34" inseam, I purchased DrDesmo's peg lowers. Unfortunately, it only fits when the panniers brackets are on. Any ideas on alternatives? Do the canisters drag during steep cornering in this position?
Norman,

Raising the rear ride height may cure your pipe dragging problem. When the ride height is raised, it also raises the middle of the bike; therefore, reducing the possibility of dragging the pipes when the bike is leaned over in fast sweepers. When I first got my ST4S, I used to drag the lower part of the pipe if the bike was leaned over. After raising the ride height, I have not had that problem any more. Also raising the ride height dramatically improves the handling of the bike.

I am not sure about the clearance between the back of your boot and the exhaust pipe after you use the lowering kit!

Do you know if the lowering kit can be mounted upside down to --raise-- the pegs? I have the opposite problem as yours, which is I want my foot to be raised by 1" to 2" inches so that my knee would be right below the lip of the tank.

-Fariborz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts