Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to ride this Sunday? Couple of hours sounds good so I can scrub in my new Bridgestones!

Fred

·
Registered
100 Posts
You guys would get more life out of your tires if you used the whole thing:D

Have fun tomorrow! My lazy arse still hasn't converted back...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ride Sunday

Hey Rob,

How's about 10 a.m. at Eureka QT? I have a few chores to do first thing, like put the wheels back on, and then head southwest, back after one p.m.? I will look at the weather satelite tonight after our evening out.

Got about 6k miles on BT 016's, now I'm trying the BT 021.

Fred

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Got about 6k miles on BT 016's
Wow, really? That's pretty damned good mileage for a sport tire! Even on my 900SS, I was only getting 2,500-3,000 out of a set of tires (Michelin Pilot Sports, Pirelli Diablos, Avon Storms).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah, I got about 6K out of the BT016s my K1200S came with as well, and I also went the BT021 route. After about 6K on those, I decided that even though they were wearing well and were maybe 40-45% worn, I liked the 016s better and put some new 016s back on. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I think i got less than 3k on the pilot pwr 2ct. This will be my 4th set in less than a year. I also need new belts. Anyone change thier own belts? 2nd set in 9 months. I think my slipper clutch is slipping a bit too. Anyone have a clutch tool? I think its a 48t basket. Its a neverending expense.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ride sunday

Sorry, things have changed at my end. No ride today for me.

Fred

·
Registered
139 Posts
Rob and I did a bixby ride on Saturday then I just vegged out on Sunday

·
Registered
139 Posts
roads were great , kickass ride , not really sure what a johnny five is ? so I don't know if i saw one or not

·
Registered
139 Posts
Kinda thought that's what you meant , I don't recall any , I did experience some , I quess you'd call it "zero gravity" or weightlessness over some of the hills though , and that was pretty cool

·
Registered
307 Posts
I quote "can you see the grin on my face". Thats what Mike said when we got to bixby. That was fallowed by "I've never hung off the bike like that before. I think I can go faster". Hahahaa The ride into Bixby is always a good ride.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah , I believe I said that , I don't want to go faster , but I think I could !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts