Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my SFS in last week for the 2 recalls, ecu bolt and fuel line issue and asked the tech to take a look at a couple other issues I was having including the sudden loss of power at random times. After inspection the tech informed me that I needed new throttle bodies which he order and just installed. Has anyone else had this issue with their SF and how would the throttle bodies cause a loss of power?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
This is the first I have ever heard of new throttle bodies for the SF. Please keep us updated on this. Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Did he say what's wrong with the stock throttle bodies? Did they leak or what? Sorry but it just sounds fishy to me, I may be wrong though. Is your power loss fixed now?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did he say what's wrong with the stock throttle bodies? Did they leak or what? Sorry but it just sounds fishy to me, I may be wrong though. Is your power loss fixed now?
He didn't say but ducati approved the work so Im guessing its legit.

I just got the bike back yesterday and have only ridden it for about 30 miles, so I have no idea if it fixed the problem. It's also getting cold her in Chicago now so probably wont know until next spring :( when I get a chance to really ride her again.

·
Registered
77 Posts
He didn't say but ducati approved the work so Im guessing its legit.

I just got the bike back yesterday and have only ridden it for about 30 miles, so I have no idea if it fixed the problem. It's also getting cold her in Chicago now so probably wont know until next spring :( when I get a chance to really ride her again.
I see, so it was warranty work. Let us know if you find out more. Thanks.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
I have found in the colder weather, the bike has more power but is definately more prone to dying on take off if there is not enough throttle. maybe the little self adjustment chart for the fuel injection has not caught up with the new temperatures? :) I've only gotten to ride a week total with the colder temperatures because it's been raining for nearly a month here!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I havent seen the sfs properly . If they changed the throttles im betting the sfs uses the fixed 999 type throttle position sensor. Being fixed if it breaks then its a throttle body change

1 - 7 of 7 Posts