Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tightly Clenched...
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, who's hanging out waiting for the new S4Rs with the Testastretta engine? Any thoughts or comments? Or better yet the Hypermotard!? :p

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I personally think if the S4Rs had a different radiator instead of the usual incredulously ugly parts bin bolt on one...I'd think about it with one of the 1st things to do would be to put in some MBP collets.....but I think instead I'll keep my eyes fixed waiting for the HyperMotard...

·
Obsessive/Compulsive collector
326 Posts
zooom said:
I personally think if the S4Rs had a different radiator instead of the usual incredulously ugly parts bin bolt on one...I'd think about it with one of the 1st things to do would be to put in some MBP collets.....but I think instead I'll keep my eyes fixed waiting for the HyperMotard...
Yea, what he said! I agree completely. I can't believe they continue to stick that ugly POS on the front of that bike. It's no big deal when it's covered by all the plastics but on a nekid bike? Come-on guys, put a little work into this. I mean it. Even Harley did some beautification when they had to hang a radiator on the front of their bikes.

·
Tightly Clenched...
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But what can you expect when it's basically a parts-bin special? Especially with the rumoured financial difficulties Ducati is having. The thing is if you want serious performance out of the engine you gotta cool that sucker. If the Hypermotard makes it to production with a minimum of changes (Ha!) I'll be saving the pennies for one rather than the S4Rs...

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
+ 1 !

DucMike said:
Yea, what he said! I agree completely. I can't believe they continue to stick that ugly POS on the front of that bike. It's no big deal when it's covered by all the plastics but on a nekid bike? Come-on guys, put a little work into this. I mean it. Even Harley did some beautification when they had to hang a radiator on the front of their bikes.

·
Registered
392 Posts
The radiator is a bit ugly, but overall the new S4Rs is much better looking IMO. There is a lot less visible plumbing on this engine than the 996 so overall it doesn't look like such a mess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts