Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
I own a 95 cr I love this bike ..... my other bike is a blinged out GT 1000 ..I love that bike... BUT I sat on a 1098 and it was just the same ergos as my 900 SS .. and beautiful... SO>>>
are you sure ?, i thought the 1098 ergos are +15 years ahead of the
carbed SS900, with the seat being considerably higher and closer to
the clip ons.

:think:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
ergos

muschi... well I pulled up next to my friends 1098... and I got off my 95 900 ss and sat on his bike and it fit just right I'm 52 years old and 6'3" so I don't fold too well...but they seemed the same to me.... hey we all know they got it right with the supersport.... 15 years or not, how much better can you get than perfect...

09 Ducati GT 1000 Ohlins F&R Termis Rizoma bling
95 Ducati SS 900 CR
81 Yamaha SR 500 total cafe project bike

·
Registered
91 Posts
It is sad that they've gone. My 80bhp 800ss is more than ample for me and doesn't get left behind ever. There's something pure and uncomplicated about an air-cooled Ducati...proper old school. A simple performance bike at its best imo.

I'm gradually developing mine into something very light with lots of torque. Something I would hope to see from Ducati really.
+1

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
troll supertwin..

Thats What Were Talking About!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I own a 95 cr I love this bike ..... my other bike is a blinged out GT 1000 ..I love that bike... the 1000 DS with termis is fantastic power I wish I had that engine in my SS900... BUT I sat on a 1098 and it was just the same ergos as my 900 SS .. and beautiful... SO>>>

Putting the 1100DS engine in a SS type frame with some new style CR half fairing... something like a half faired 848/1098 with a 1100 DS would be perfect.
I may have to build one myself however...
Hey RZ33V4 you should work for Ducati. try sending them this info along with your resume.... I like the way you think..

95 Ducati SS 900 CR
I cut my teeth on a home built 750 Honda Cafe Racer with an 836 kit back in the seventies....When I saw my first Ducati one day, I fell in love….it was a 900 SS bevel
I was a vehicle Product Planner for the old GM a few years ago, so this stuff is what I do (or did).

·
Mr Leakered
8,952 Posts
Oh man, don't open up that can. :crazy:

Please tell me you kept pushing the 2.0l turbo 4 RWD wagon w/ MT? Please. I know it's in the round file, but I just need some hope. :D

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
2 up on a Supersport?????

BRUCE19
I have a GT1000 for my two up riding.... and my SS came with high pipes and no rear pegs so I never even thought about two up on a supersport...I have heard a few guys like you that say that they do and like you love it.... I know my kid would love for me to put on some rear pegs low pipes and take him for a ride. but since I'm 6'2" and 230 lbs it just seems impossible to ride two up on a Supersport??? :confused:

Seems like a sexy little red sport bike like a supersport is made for one...unless I had a little 90 lb filipino GF :):yeah::yeah::yeah:

95 Ducati SS 900 CR

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
BRUCE19
I have a GT1000 for my two up riding.... and my SS came with high pipes and no rear pegs so I never even thought about two up on a supersport...I have heard a few guys like you that say that they do and like you love it.... I know my kid would love for me to put on some rear pegs low pipes and take him for a ride. but since I'm 6'2" and 230 lbs it just seems impossible to ride two up on a Supersport??? :confused:

Seems like a sexy little red sport bike like a supersport is made for one...unless I had a little 90 lb filipino GF :):yeah::yeah::yeah:

95 Ducati SS 900 CR
+

I agree that a Supersport isn't the ideal 2-up bike. But, for short trips it is decent. My gf flew out and met me in CO once and we rode on my '96 SS/SP through CO and WY on lengthy day trips. I'm about 5'10" and 185 lbs and my gf is 5'4" and 130 lbs. I'm looking forward to experimenting with the '05 SS1000DS I brought home yesterday.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
You DOG!!!

bruce 19
We are all jealous I am sure of that My 1000 Ds GT is fabulous I know a SS 1000 DS MAY BE THE PERFECT BIKE..
we may nor hear from you for a while :think:!!!!!

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
bruce 19
We are all jealous I am sure of that My 1000 Ds GT is fabulous I know a SS 1000 DS MAY BE THE PERFECT BIKE..
we may nor hear from you for a while :think:!!!!!
The belts, oil, and oil filter have now been changed. Tomorrow I will go register it. On thursday six of us are going on a 4-day ride up to NH and ME. Can't wait.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.