Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first Ducati and i am hooked for life! Just picked up my 06 SS1000 and loving life! The bike is what riding is all about! I am new to the world of Ducati and the manual left me with alot of questions...

What is the recomended oil change interval? (not listed in manual)

It seems that she likes to cruise at 3500-4k RPM. Sound about right?

What is the Actual Redline? (not listed in the manual)

What tire proper pressure for the Front/Rear? (listed as bar instead of psi and sounds a little light for the rear)

Is there a good place to start with accessories? Websites? (Am i stuck with the dealership?)

Thanks and sorry for the basic questions!!!!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
--Oil / filter change every 3k.
--Sounds about right...just depends on the bike. Everyones different.
--Somewhere between 8 and 9k...don't worry, the rev limiter will kick in before you ever hurt anything and then you'll know for sure! (Oh yea,and please don't be scared to ring her out a little bit!!)
--32 / 34 has always worked great for me in both bikes on the street.
--Gears should be mandatory first mod!! Minimum of plus three teeth up in the rear...followed by exhaust so that it...well....sounds like a Duc!! Best place / web site to get a good idea on mods is right here. Shop at motowheels.com

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
I like to cruise at around 5k RPM, but that's me (and 6K with my ST2).

The rev limiter kicks in (and kicks in HARD, and really hard with a light flywheel) at about 8500 RPM.

I use about 32/34 psi f/r.

I got SIL pipes and ergal screws from www.carpimoto.com

I use 43T aluminum rear sprockets from www.redracingparts.com

I've got an ETI fuelcel http://www.eti-fuelcel.com , and DP CF full fairing.

And the BST wheels from www.ram.mc (though if I was in NA I'd have gotten them from www.motowheels.com ).

And light flywheel, disk floater-buttons, and a half-fairing from www.kaemna.de

And framesliders and clutch-cover from www.speedymoto.com

How much money do you have?

Tom

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all! I am on my way. I thought the questions were a little "Beginner-ish" but I had to ask. Don't want to start out with problems! I have had plenty of other motorcycles, just not a ducati.

I am going to look at all the suggestions and start my search for accessories!

The gearing is something I have not really messed with in the past. Is there a thread that discusses that in more detail?

Oh well, I have plenty of time now as I am sleeping on the couch! LOL!

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts