Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just ordered my plain jane standard red SF today. FYI, they just started an incentive this week. The bike comes with the extended 2 year warrantee, so now I have a 4 yr warrantee on it. :yeah: Can't wait to get it. Should be in next Tuesday or Wed.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Oh very nice... enjoy riding! We up here get snow and cold and time to look into mods for our bikes (well mine anyway).

have fun riding around sunny (hopefully) California!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's raining for a few days, which is why ording the bike doesn't bother me to much but suppose to be nice next week when the bike arrives. They are saying weather will be about 70*.

·
Registered
654 Posts
How much is a base model going for these days with the warranty? I've been considering one now that i sold my 999.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Welcome to the madness Silvrsled. Try to behave yourself...bwaaahahahahahahahahahahah.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mental, I PM'd you.

Freezerburn, thanks.

I've been eyeing the QD undertail exhaust. It's talking dirty to me. I've also been going through all the posts and reading about the fueling issues. My buddy just bought an SFs about a month ago and his dealer said there is some new flash out for the ECU. My buddy said his bike is really smooth so I hope that this helps my bike too.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Mental, I PM'd you.

Freezerburn, thanks.

I've been eyeing the QD undertail exhaust. It's talking dirty to me. I've also been going through all the posts and reading about the fueling issues. My buddy just bought an SFs about a month ago and his dealer said there is some new flash out for the ECU. My buddy said his bike is really smooth so I hope that this helps my bike too.
The ducati reflash doesn't help things much if at all. I felt no improvement. However, there are develp;ments in the works that should cure the issue. Tuneboy sounds promising, and Nemesis or Microtech will surely fix the prob.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
freezerburn PLEASE dont give false feedback...with the flash the bike runs atleast 60 to 70% better...the fueling issue is not completely fixed but it improves more than enough...maybe your bike was already flashed so thats why you didnt see any difference..
i went to the dealer with my bike giving check engines at 2500 RPM and i left with a huge smile on my face... :)

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
freezerburn PLEASE dont give false feedback...with the flash the bike runs atleast 60 to 70% better...the fueling issue is not completely fixed but it improves more than enough...maybe your bike was already flashed so thats why you didnt see any difference..
i went to the dealer with my bike giving check engines at 2500 RPM and i left with a huge smile on my face... :)
Not so. I had a very early release. I had my bike before the reflash was even developed :think:

Very happy that you are one of the lucky ones.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I think that affected the first run of motorcycles, mine was a later build and had and still have absolutely no fueling issues whatshowever, nothing, nada, niente! It runs better than me!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
freezerburn PLEASE dont give false feedback...with the flash the bike runs at least 60 to 70% better...the fueling issue is not completely fixed but it improves more than enough...maybe your bike was already flashed so thats why you didnt see any difference..

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I think that affected the first run of motorcycles, mine was a later build and had and still have absolutely no fueling issues whatshowever, nothing, nada, niente! It runs better than me!
i think you just have the updated map,that has a slight hesitation between 2.500 and 3.000 rpm...thats why you dont notice any fueling issues...

all the engines are the same, all are euro 3, all have the same exu and ALL HAVE THE SAME FUELING ISSUE....how can this be so hard for someonne to understand? :)

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
freezerburn PLEASE dont give false feedback...with the flash the bike runs at least 60 to 70% better...the fueling issue is not completely fixed but it improves more than enough...maybe your bike was already flashed so thats why you didnt see any difference..
Oh Christos, you are a funny man :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess overall, this is encouraging news. We'll see what my bike is like when I get it.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Oh Christos, you are a funny man :)
So you think that it is more likely that...SOME "CURSED" Streetfighters have fueling issues...and some BLESSED by the Ducati GODS dont...

Ohhh..and some both CURSED and UNLUCKY like yours, have fueling issues that dont even get fixed!!!Even after an ecu update...not even by the touch of the ducati god himself!! :p

I agree this is funny and i will stick to me humble thoughts that are not funny at all :)

All fighters have the fueling issue, because ALL pass Euro 3 restriction and ALL run too lean to pass this euro 3 test...The thing is that after the update the RPM Width involved to the problem becomes too narrow and it gets more difficult to notice...If you give just a bit more throttle, you just overcome the rpm where the problem is and maybe some think they dont have problems...so i dare them to stick for some minutes to Athens traffic and if they still dont notice the problem then i will paint my fighter BLUE and sink it to the Aegean Sea my self!! :p

Even a 14T front sprocket almost eliminates the problem, especially after the ecu update...

I am with you man...i paid so much money, even if i knew about the fueling issues, and i want my bike to run PERFECTLY...it almost does...but its not perfect...hope ducati will come with a new update or the exhaust and dp ecu or something like that will solve our problems...

hope you get my way of writing and you wont get offended or something...i write everything with a sense of humor! :)

:yeah:

·
Bon Vivant
11,245 Posts
When I got my bike the fueling issue was really bad
The reflash from the dealer did help a little.
The fat ducs also helped a little.
The 14t front gear change helped make it less noticeable.
The bike is now livable but not what it could be.

I'm still going to get a proper tune done when the hardware becomes available.

But the bike is kick-ass and I love it! :D

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
flynbulldog just answered the 1 million$ question...
it is exactly as he described it...

The thing is that flynbulldog is "over-sensitive" with the problem (and i think he has every right to be) and some other doesnt bother so much with that...even the altitude or the roads where each and everyone of us are driving the fighters that helps the problem to appear less or more...
on twisty roads with very tight corners or in traffic the problem is highly noticeable...in open roads and at speeds with rpm over 4.000 the fighter is simply AMAZING...no fueling issue at all...

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
flynbulldog just answered the 1 million$ question...
it is exactly as he described it...

The thing is that flynbulldog is "over-sensitive" with the problem (and i think he has every right to be) and some other doesnt bother so much with that...even the altitude or the roads where each and everyone of us are driving the fighters that helps the problem to appear less or more...
on twisty roads with very tight corners or in traffic the problem is highly noticeable...in open roads and at speeds with rpm over 4.000 the fighter is simply AMAZING...no fueling issue at all...
I think we pretty much hashed this out before and determined that it boiled down to individual rider's perception, where, and how the bike was riden...pretty much what you've just said...:D

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
its just common sense oahu! :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts