Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Ducati Monster S4RS | 2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2,776 Posts
Yah, on the handling, I was trying to elaborate on my previous statement about the differences between bikes.

as for competing, my apologies to you, I can see how you might feel that was point at you but it was really a comment that referred to other posts.
All good, man (y)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I don't know how close the 955 is to the 1199\1299 (and I doubt it would be that easy) but if I could replace pistons, jugs and heads with 1299 ones and tune the thing, that would be much closer to my ideal SF.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't know how close the 955 is to the 1199\1299 (and I doubt it would be that easy) but if I could replace pistons, jugs and heads with 1299 ones and tune the thing, that would be much closer to my ideal SF.
I like the idea of 1299 engined Streetfighter V2. The V4 is tempting in power etc but the V2 looks better imho.

·
Bon Vivant
12,594 Posts
I like the idea of 1299 engined Streetfighter V2. The V4 is tempting in power etc but the V2 looks better imho.
I agree that the V4SF isn't the shiniest thing in the box but with a little bit of tweaking to make it yours it can be stunning. I have seen some amazing builds.

I particularly like this one from an Australian you tuber:

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

The other side looks better but this was the only pic I could quickly find

·
Registered
98 Posts
or just get a 1299 and make this

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

i unfolded a little just looking at this thing 🤤

·
Registered
98 Posts
I agree that the V4SF isn't the shiniest thing in the box but with a little bit of tweaking to make it yours it can be stunning. I have seen some amazing builds.

I particularly like this one from an Australian you tuber:

View attachment 1021700

That's Clean Ride, an Australian bike detailing and customs shop. He did a full video series of that bike, with an episode for each new part he added to the bike. The 4Uscite exhaust is quite interesting for that bike and sounds amazing. the final product of his build was waaaaay too blingy for me, but I admire the level he took the bike to. Here is a link to the exhaust video (at least the 1st video of the exhaust mod), it was very interesting the tweaks that had to be done to make this exhaust work;

Ducati Streetfighter V4S - Project Build Part #3 - YouTube

SKip to the very last video in the series to hear the bike revving in its completed state.

The other side looks better but this was the only pic I could quickly find

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R
716 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I prefer this one personally. 😎

He should have looked up "mandrel bending titanium" in the yellow pages. Would have saved him a lot of time.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I had a 1200S Monster and the V2 SF is very intriguing to me... I like it so far.
I didn't make it up to Ducati Detroit when they were showing the V2, but I woke up this morning and decided to do it. Drove up and put down a deposit so I'm in.

This won't be the first new Ducati I've bought without seeing one first, let alone sitting on it.

Spoiler alert: I'm gonna pass on the $6k exhaust.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Does anyone know if this bike has a steel gas tank? Or even cosmetic covers over an unpainted plastic tank? If this has a painted plastic tank I'll have to rethink my deposit... swore I'd never buy a bike with one. Life's too short.

101 - 120 of 125 Posts