Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Bon Vivant
12,218 Posts
Did I need to add a trigger warning? You were the one who made the handling comment. I just pointed out that the Monster handles well enough to make no actual difference in reality. No one was talking about competing with anyone. All that matters is you enjoy your bike. Nothing else.
Yah, on the handling, I was trying to elaborate on my previous statement about the differences between bikes.

as for competing, my apologies to you, I can see how you might feel that was point at you but it was really a comment that referred to other posts.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Apologies for going a bit OT but yesterday was the first time I got scared on my SFS. I was feeling a little frisky so I went to this one bit of road that has long, fast sweepers (aka triple digits). The roads were empty so I got a bit aggressive with the throttle and man, the SFS power is just crazy. I was literally pushed back against the seat when accelerating. There is also no possible way I could just gently pull away from stop lights. Each one felt like a drag race to the next and I am certain I was not pushing that SFS to its limits. Its literally impossible not to ride this bike like a complete hooligan. After yesterday's ride, I have decided I need to play around with the traction control settings a bit. LOL.
Well at least your S model has TC, haha :)

·
Premium Member
2007 Ducati Monster S4RS | 2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2,733 Posts
Yah, on the handling, I was trying to elaborate on my previous statement about the differences between bikes.

as for competing, my apologies to you, I can see how you might feel that was point at you but it was really a comment that referred to other posts.
All good, man (y)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I don't know how close the 955 is to the 1199\1299 (and I doubt it would be that easy) but if I could replace pistons, jugs and heads with 1299 ones and tune the thing, that would be much closer to my ideal SF.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't know how close the 955 is to the 1199\1299 (and I doubt it would be that easy) but if I could replace pistons, jugs and heads with 1299 ones and tune the thing, that would be much closer to my ideal SF.
I like the idea of 1299 engined Streetfighter V2. The V4 is tempting in power etc but the V2 looks better imho.

·
Bon Vivant
12,218 Posts
I like the idea of 1299 engined Streetfighter V2. The V4 is tempting in power etc but the V2 looks better imho.
I agree that the V4SF isn't the shiniest thing in the box but with a little bit of tweaking to make it yours it can be stunning. I have seen some amazing builds.

I particularly like this one from an Australian you tuber:

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

The other side looks better but this was the only pic I could quickly find

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Multistrada 950, 2018 Desert Sled, 2008 VFR800
476 Posts
I see the tail exhaust, trellis sub, and those Gold wheels. I just like gold wheels!

·
Registered
65 Posts
or just get a 1299 and make this

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

i unfolded a little just looking at this thing 🤤

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree that the V4SF isn't the shiniest thing in the box but with a little bit of tweaking to make it yours it can be stunning. I have seen some amazing builds.

I particularly like this one from an Australian you tuber:

View attachment 1021700

That's Clean Ride, an Australian bike detailing and customs shop. He did a full video series of that bike, with an episode for each new part he added to the bike. The 4Uscite exhaust is quite interesting for that bike and sounds amazing. the final product of his build was waaaaay too blingy for me, but I admire the level he took the bike to. Here is a link to the exhaust video (at least the 1st video of the exhaust mod), it was very interesting the tweaks that had to be done to make this exhaust work;

Ducati Streetfighter V4S - Project Build Part #3 - YouTube

SKip to the very last video in the series to hear the bike revving in its completed state.

The other side looks better but this was the only pic I could quickly find

·
Registered
919 Posts
Reactions: crhussong

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R
693 Posts
101 - 117 of 117 Posts