Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

Registered
Hi all. I've always wanted a SF the new version since it came out but found the 200+hp too much for everyday riding. Now I'm very interested in the v2 option. I currently ride a 2020 speed triple rs. Just been debating if its worth the upgrade, before the speed i owned a hyper 939 sp.

Registered
I will likely buy the V4 since I already have 3 Ducati twins but I think the V2 looks better. I think its because of the way the lines flow better from front to back. The exhaust header definitely helps to accentuate that flowing line. Also, I have never liked how huge the radiators look on the V4. The red plastic that covers the sides of the bottom radiator of the V2 helps to make the proportions better.

Bon Vivant
Hi all. I've always wanted a SF the new version since it came out but found the 200+hp too much for everyday riding. Now I'm very interested in the v2 option. I currently ride a 2020 speed triple rs. Just been debating if its worth the upgrade, before the speed i owned a hyper 939 sp.
Weird, first of all I dont think the V2 is an upgrade from the speed triple RS I think its a step backwards. And secondly if you think the SFV4 has too much power for street riding you haven't ridden it. It's far more docile than the speedy and more ride-able than any other naked in its class. Its by far the easiest to ride and the most tractable top tier super naked on the market.

Registered
Yea it's like riding an electric bike it's absolutly silky smooth from idle to wide open no hiccups, lurching, loping absolutly nothing you want to go this fast twist throttle to here....faster turn to here......go from zero to OH MY GOD whack it open.

For a Ducati ANY Ducati the fuel mapping & rider aids make it hands down the smoothest Ducati I've EVER ridden. If you get the chance to ride one do it BUT beware it's so smooth going through the gears without winding it out speed comes VERY VERY quickly. I wound the one I rode to 11000 1st through 3rd then backing out of it (Not my bike) then realising my speed..... I was closing in on 120mph........... decelerating! All hapoening as fast as you could shift 1....2.....3.....lift

That's how smooth & quick it happens

Registered
Agreed on the above comments. I'm mystified by the "it's too much power" (and for that matter the "not enough power") crowd on the V4. It seems the comments are made because they haven't actually ridden the bike in it's various modes. Put the V4SF in Street and ride it around town at 20 mph if you choose to do so. Race mode makes the bike more edgy and if that's not enough power for you on the street you probably need to see a psychiatrist. I'm in Sport mode 95% of the time on the road and never thought I couldn't make a move on any vehicle.

Registered
I just realized why I like the look of the V2 over the V4. It鈥檚 the silver engine cases. I really don鈥檛 enjoy the gold cases, or gold in general. Black forks add a nice touch too.

Just need it in the Senna color scheme and it would be perfect!! :LOL:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Headed to the MC show this weekend. Hope they have the V2 on display!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #90 · (Edited)
I've been watching the V2 reviews and at least 3 of them have mentioned throttle snatchyness. The V4 does not have that problem and that's just a deal breaker for me.
Not that I was planning to buy a V2 anyway but I refuse to buy another bike with that shit.

I love my V4SF! :love:
Agreed! If I had to get one it would be the V4 for me. As far as throttle snatch I don't mind it as long as there a way to eliminate it (i.e an ECU flash) but these days it's getting harder and harder.....

Premium Member
2007 Ducati Monster S4RS | 2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
I want to like it but I think it鈥檚 too expensive. You could just buy a base Tuono v4 for the same money and it seems quite a rev box. I still have my S4RS which has the same peak torque but 2,000rpm earlier, a kilo less dry weight and about the same power (with the full termi / DP kit). It also has a trellis frame and a dry clutch and to my eye looks better.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
I want to like it but I think it鈥檚 too expensive. You could just buy a base Tuono v4 for the same money and it seems quite a rev box. I still have my S4RS which has the same peak torque but 2,000rpm earlier, a kilo less dry weight and about the same power (with the full termi / DP kit). It also has a trellis frame and a dry clutch and to my eye looks better.
Or you could just get a beautiful 1098 SF, hahah :)

Bon Vivant
Your Monster is a beautiful bike but you are really talking apples and oranges here, their personalities are completely different from every aspect . And honestly the old monster isnt even in the same ball park when it comes to handling performance.

Dont get me wrong - I love that Monster - they're just not the same thing.

Premium Member
Your Monster is a beautiful bike but you are really talking apples and oranges here, their personalities are completely different from every aspect . And honestly the old monster isnt even in the same ball park when it comes to handling performance.

Dont get me wrong - I love that Monster - they're just not the same thing.
Oh I totally understand. On the road however almost every bike goes the same speed in the twisties with a skilled rider so it鈥檚 only on a track that the difference has any relevance and even then only for the higher echelon of the advanced group. The extra grunt of the torquier power delivery you can appreciate every ride.

Bon Vivant
Oh I totally understand. On the road however almost every bike goes the same speed in the twisties with a skilled rider so it鈥檚 only on a track that the difference has any relevance and even then only for the higher echelon of the advanced group. The extra grunt of the torquier power delivery you can appreciate every ride.
Why does everybody always default to how fast it is? I care nothing about speed (mostly because I'm usually the slowest guy in the group) Its all about the WAY the bike handles - how easy and how competent it is and how confident it makes you feel. There's a quality or a character to the ride and every bike is a little different. It's almost like each bike has it's own personality. For me, on the track I can run nearly the same exact lap time on almost any bike - because the limiting factor is me. But how I feel on each different bike makes a big difference in how much fun I'm having. And that is where the new SF really shines; the character of the handling and confidence it gives you (me) is better than any other Ducati I've ever been on.

I find the same statememnts when it comes to top spec suspension - people always say "I dont need ohlins becaue I dont ride on the track" - or "I don't race" But it's not about the track or racing it's about ride quality at any speed - that's what a good suspension delivers and honestly I want the best ride quality I can get any time I ride. And I really love the ride quality and amazing personality of the SF

I don't ride to compete - I don't compete with my friends and I don't compete with other riders. I ride to have fun. And having fun to me isn't proving that I'm better than others.

Registered
Come on now....848 is not better then a 1098, lol. The 848 is for those who are scared of the 1098, hehehe :)
Apologies for going a bit OT but yesterday was the first time I got scared on my SFS. I was feeling a little frisky so I went to this one bit of road that has long, fast sweepers (aka triple digits). The roads were empty so I got a bit aggressive with the throttle and man, the SFS power is just crazy. I was literally pushed back against the seat when accelerating. There is also no possible way I could just gently pull away from stop lights. Each one felt like a drag race to the next and I am certain I was not pushing that SFS to its limits. Its literally impossible not to ride this bike like a complete hooligan. After yesterday's ride, I have decided I need to play around with the traction control settings a bit. LOL.

Premium Member
Why does everybody always default to how fast it is? I care nothing about speed (mostly because I'm usually the slowest guy in the group) Its all about the WAY the bike handles - how easy and how competent it is and how confident it makes you feel. There's a quality or a character to the ride and every bike is a little different. It's almost like each bike has it's own personality. For me, on the track I can run nearly the same exact lap time on almost any bike - because the limiting factor is me. But how I feel on each different bike makes a big difference in how much fun I'm having. And that is where the new SF really shines; the character of the handling and confidence it gives you (me) is better than any other Ducati I've ever been on.

I find the same statememnts when it comes to top spec suspension - people always say "I dont need ohlins becaue I dont ride on the track" - or "I don't race" But it's not about the track or racing it's about ride quality at any speed - that's what a good suspension delivers and honestly I want the best ride quality I can get any time I ride. And I really love the ride quality and amazing personality of the SF

I don't ride to compete - I don't compete with my friends and I don't compete with other riders. I ride to have fun. And having fun to me isn't proving that I'm better than others.
Did I need to add a trigger warning? You were the one who made the handling comment. I just pointed out that the Monster handles well enough to make no actual difference in reality. No one was talking about competing with anyone. All that matters is you enjoy your bike. Nothing else.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts