Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
They will get my 09 Hyper1100S from me when they pry it out from under my cold dead ass. I will buy a used one for parts or have two to make one.

The new bikes are just getting ridiculous price wise. Good thing I am running out of garage space.
I have 4 of them now

·
Registered
587 Posts
If you think about it & be honest what percentage of you guys ride over 100? Or how quick can you flip a bitch & accelerate to the next block hit the binders to make a hard right on your 450+lb bike that I'm shure can out accelerate me after I'm in 3rd......by then I'm already out of the next turn in 3rd again or 4th 5th & 6th
Yes the longer the straights are AFTER a corner you will catch me but that's not what I do

This 20yo kid I ride with has a 701 husky that's REAL hard to catch in the twisties but if the straights are long enough I'll get him if not he leaves me in the dust, yes there is less twistie places I end up riding on but only to get to the fun stuff.

I thought about the 701 but it can't pull as hard as any of my 1100's can, but on the top end were dead even due to my bike being geared 14 / 44 ringing my bikes neck to the flashing red light only gets me 110mph PERIOD

What I really wished sombody made was a 1100 or bigger Vtwin that only needs to rev to 6000rpm & has 120ftlb of grunt doing it (that tourqe thing again) & weighed less than 340lbs wet even if it cost $25k it would be worth it to me

·
Registered
587 Posts
I don't care about being competitive myself we all get beat sooner or later, unless your the lead dog once & awhile the view never changes

·
Registered
60 Posts
Its 153 HP...it should be plenty fast but it will be lacking the brutish (i.e FUN) Torque of the 1098. Looks comfy and I am sure the electronics will be good. Not sure why Ducati won't put cruise on these bikes!!
The v2 engine is why I kinda have the 1098 above V2 as my preference for a twin streetfighter....as well as the excessive plastics on the V2SF.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Multistrada 950, 2018 Desert Sled, 2008 VFR800
434 Posts
I kinda like the look of it really. I think it looks better than the new monster. It would come down to which motor do you prefer: Testa or superquad. The gearing is lowered for street riding so it should be more responsive than the 959 Panigale.
I don't really have a problem with the pricing. This is market right now (and similar to the 959 pricing). I saw all the pricing increases coming last year. There is low supply, and last year the material costs were fixed for the manufacturer. Now this year they are having to pay more for the materials, etc. So, last year was the time to sell the used toys and buy new (highest resale, new purchase prices held with previous year). Now every one (in many industries) is making up for the lost year of 2020.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Interesting comments about low inventories being good for manufacturer profits. I get the rules of supply & demand but it seems counterintuitive that supply constraints maximize profits. I thought it was a dumb strategy but I guess the new H-D CEO was right to begin constraining models and supply well before Covid was a thing.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
View attachment 1020516
I added the exhaust and cropped out the plate holder and mirrors to get a better idea. Still a lot of plastics, but imo if the red can be blacked out like a matte black, it could be very appealing.
Nice job mate! That's pretty much exactly the nip and tuck I was referring to.. ( thank you for taking the time to do that )
And what's not to like about that?! I mean that really is some sexy!
Sure, on the tight n twisty the orange thingy 890R would be faster, but it doesn't hold a candle to the above looks wise, and once the corners start to open up just a wee bit...BYE!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The new bikes are just getting ridiculous price wise. Good thing I am running out of garage space.

Are they though?

In 2000 I bought a new 996. If I remember right the MSRP was $16,500. For $17k today you can buy a V2 which will run and hide from a 996. Correct for inflation and that 996 would cost about $26k in today's money. So... what would buy you a base 996 in 2000 would be more than enough to buy a base V4 Panigale today. The base level Superbike costs about the same today as it did 20 years ago if you correct for inflation. And the performance is on an entirely different level. 100hp was a lot back then. Today 100hp is the low power setting you might use in the rain. You get a BOATLOAD more performance for your money today than you did in the past.

I don't recall what the more limited versions of the 996 cost back then, but I'd guess in today's money they'd make the $35k V4 SF seem reasonable.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a Red 2020 Hyper and wouldn't consider replacing it with any other street bike, except for the SF V2. The upright seating position of the Hyper is, something you have to experience for yourself. The V2 wouldn't be as comfortable as the Hyper.

Comparing a KTM Duke 890 to a Hyper 950, maybe. Comparing a 890 Duke to a SF V2, i wouldn't.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Agreed on the comparison 950 hyper vs 890R but being ahem.....close.......to the 890R? that little KTM is like riding a supermoto it's quicker, lighter, revs faster has a quickshifter & cheaper than 950 hyper.

This is my conundrum do I want quick & nimble (950HM / KTM 890) or quick not so nimble & faster 890 KTM / SFV2

NONE of the above have the tourqe, sounds, trellis frame, no computer of a 1100 air cooled hypermotard PERIOD

I guess I'll have to wait till my local stealership has SFV2 to demo.......that is if there not already gone

I have ridden a SFV4 & it reminds me of a Yamaha Vmax all balls & not so much in the cornering department

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Agreed on the comparison 950 hyper vs 890R but being ahem.....close.......to the 890R? that little KTM is like riding a supermoto it's quicker, lighter, revs faster has a quickshifter & cheaper than 950 hyper.

This is my conundrum do I want quick & nimble (950HM / KTM 890) or quick not so nimble & faster 890 KTM / SFV2

NONE of the above have the tourqe, sounds, trellis frame, no computer of a 1100 air cooled hypermotard PERIOD

I guess I'll have to wait till my local stealership has SFV2 to demo.......that is if there not already gone

I have ridden a SFV4 & it reminds me of a Yamaha Vmax all balls & not so much in the cornering department

That's very odd if you think the V4SF handles bad??

·
Registered
587 Posts
Not under 40mph, anything over that & no tight turns it's fine & straigh line it's a badass

Any hyper out handles it in the tight stuff. Take one out on a supermoto track you'll get you ass kicked by just about anything out there

All of this is like comparing a Lamborghini to a vette in certain situations one will eat the other alive it all depends on what you do for shits & grins

I'd like to see a 330lb wet upright bike with 180hp all in by 10000rpm, 130ftlb tourqe under 6000, killer brakes, quickshifter, absolutly no computer shit whatsoever other than PROGRAMABLE EFI & spark (let em burn it down) FULLY adjustable suspension, however many cylinders & configuration they want around $30k

Oh shit I just described an electric bike

Reactions: alexc

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Comparing apples to oranges JeffRPM.....just like a SM would get its ass handed to it on a faster/longer track. Two different bikes. Sounds like you should keep your SM and move on.

·
Bon Vivant
12,059 Posts
Ya know JeffRPM if you are here because of the V2 I dont see what you are going to gain with it. It's the same size and close enough to the same weight that a big lunch would put you over the heft of the V4. So whats to gain? I see the V2 as an alternative to the V4 just on engine character preference. And frankly the nature of the superquatro is so close to that of the V4 its really gonna be a moot point. It's obvious that neither bike is going to be right for you. So are you here just to bust our balls?

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I’m not really going to trust anyone who actually compares the handling of a V4 Streetfighter to a Yamaha V-Max. This was meant to be funny, right??? Here’s a funny comparison. My full suspension mountain bike will turn faster and maneuver much better then my 1098SFS will in my driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 116 Posts