Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 40 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
The new V2 looks like it should be a very capable motorcycle. The 848SF is a very good bike. The new V2 should set a whole new standard for the entry level Streetfighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: crhussong

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I think it looks alright considering what Ducati is producing now. It would look much better with a trellis frame and a dry clutch. Just like Ducati used to offer in many entry level bikes. Instead of of now only making one of those things an option in an R or an SP which costs a fortune. And thrown the trellis frames out the window.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Not sure how I feel about it. Do you guys like the look of it?
As with any stock motorcycle it needs a nip and a tuck here n there, but yeah, overall I do quite like it.
As with any modern Ducati It looks a little "plasticy" to me, of course I agree with Secret Squirrel's comment about the trellis frame and dry clutch.., but hey, time marches on, for a modern Ducati I do like the overall look and stance of the thing

·
Registered
567 Posts
The Streetfighter V2 will be available at Ducati dealerships in North America starting in February 2022 in the Ducati Red color with black rims for $16,995 MSRP. That's a pretty good price. I think they'll sell a lot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think it looks alright considering what Ducati is producing now. It would look much better with a trellis frame and a dry clutch. Just like Ducati used to offer in many entry level bikes. Instead of of now only making one of those things an option in an R or an SP which costs a fortune. And thrown the trellis frames out the window.

The Mrs. has been begging me for years to get another Ducat after I sold my FBF F1. The frame & dry clutch would cause me to go write a check right now! I would settle for the dry clutch if I absolutely had to.
What is a few dollars more right now, gutting the kitchen & all new appliances is the Fall house project.

Maxwell

·
Bon Vivant
12,223 Posts
I just watched it on utube looks like i might be straying from the HM hurd idk yet the price is very attractive but I know Ducati's thinking my theory is by June it will be avalable in a 'S' model

Someone told me the V4 engine rotates backwards to aid in wheelie control & handling is this true? If it is does the V2 also rotate backwards?
It's on there website
Nope not on the website - no V2S...

But take a look at the V4SP, I actually laughed out loud when I saw the price - they are out of their minds...

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
But take a look at the V4SP, I actually laughed out loud when I saw the price - they are out of their minds...
That's the overall feeling I have from those 2022 bi-weekly reveals.
Between the new Multi V4 Pikes Peak, the SF V4 SP and whatever they will show for the Panigale range in 2 weeks, I feel like Ducati is seriously shifting their price bracket up. Excluding the super exclusive Superleggera, the mainstream top of the food chain is now comfortably sitting in the 30k... Even the part-bin Scrambler is well establish in the 10-15k now... Not even gonna comment on the 6k Akra.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Nope not on the website - no V2S...

They will sell every one that they build. Big picture - that's not much money. Look at boats, cars, trucks, heck even some guitars sell for that. The money is out there.

That said, no fooking way I'd pay that for a bike.

·
Bon Vivant
12,223 Posts
That's the overall feeling I have from those 2022 bi-weekly reveals.
Between the new Multi V4 Pikes Peak, the SF V4 SP and whatever they will show for the Panigale range in 2 weeks, I feel like Ducati is seriously shifting their price bracket up. Excluding the super exclusive Superleggera, the mainstream top of the food chain is now comfortably sitting in the 30k... Even the part-bin Scrambler is well establish in the 10-15k now... Not even gonna comment on the 6k Akra.
Agree completely They have seen the way things are going and short supplies are pushing prices way up. I was in an Audi dealership today and the GM told me that Audi has changed their allocation structure noting that business with fewer cars available is better than ever. They have the upper hand and are selling every car they bring in and at full price - so they've decided to keep the shelves bare and make people beg - 2021 has been their best year ever. He said we will never see significant inventory in Audi dealerships again, this low availability model works too well. My bet is Ducati is going to do this too - prices are going way up and inventory is going to be low...

They will sell every one that they build. Big picture - that's not much money. Look at boats, cars, trucks, heck even some guitars sell for that. The money is out there.

That said, no fooking way I'd pay that for a bike.
I'm with you. People seem to have no problem dropping big bucks on luxury items right now. To me that butt- ugly primered SF with a couple bits of carbon and alloy is a joke. They are limiting it to 500 copies and you are right, they will sell every one. 🤮 🤮 🤮
(sorry to all you guys who bought one of the black bikes but they are hideous.) Hell I dont even think the red bike I bought was very good looking off the floor but I'm working on making it better and the black bikes could look good too with a paint job. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Let's really shake this post up
I've been kinda half assed looking around for a new bike to replace my tourqe monster's that are currently getting harder & more expensive to buy parts for (all 08 to 12 hypermotard's)

This streetfighter V2 (I've been waiting for) looks like it might be the one after checking out everything else on earth for the last year & me being a Ducati fan if for nothing more than performance alone I'm sold

BUT

After doing alot of research & riding with owners of R1's, KTM dukes, triumph triples, BMW's I've just about decided the KTM 890 R is the way to go it's lighter, tourqe comes In lower, less expensive, everybody & there brother makes aftermarket parts for it & my good friend is a dealer so I no longer need to walk into a Ducati dealer getting looked down on because I dident pull up in a range rover that costs $114,000.00 (just a Ford F450 work truck that cost $140,000.00 that's paid for) getting treated like the bastard red headed step child because I'm wearing carhartt clothes usually covered in some type of mineral found on earth.....dirt

I'm still thinking & I have all winter to pull the trigger

·
Bon Vivant
12,223 Posts
I've been kinda half assed looking around for a new bike to replace my tourqe monster's that are currently getting harder & more expensive to buy parts for (all 08 to 12 hypermotard's)

This streetfighter V2 (I've been waiting for) looks like it might be the one after checking out everything else on earth for the last year & me being a Ducati fan if for nothing more than performance alone I'm sold

BUT

After doing alot of research & riding with owners of R1's, KTM dukes, triumph triples, BMW's I've just about decided the KTM 890 R is the way to go it's lighter, tourqe comes In lower, less expensive, everybody & there brother makes aftermarket parts for it & my good friend is a dealer so I no longer need to walk into a Ducati dealer getting looked down on because I dident pull up in a range rover that costs $114,000.00 (just a Ford F450 work truck that cost $140,000.00 that's paid for) getting treated like the bastard red headed step child because I'm wearing carhartt clothes usually covered in some type of mineral found on earth.....dirt

I'm still thinking & I have all winter to pull the trigger
yeah - you should definitely buy the KTM, Ducatis are for posers... I mean - how much starbucks coffee do you drink anyway?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

I've just about decided the KTM 890 R is the way to go
If I was in the market to replace my 08 Hyper 1100 with something similar but newer, I'd be all over the Duke 890R. It's the spiritual successor of the original Hyper. KTM kept the fun-factor first. Ducati lost the plot a while ago, around the 821 Hyper.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Agreed
I'm not into the 130mph + thing at all I'd rather shoot outta corners & continue with the under 80mph hooligan program

·
Registered
567 Posts
Agreed
I'm not into the 130mph + thing at all I'd rather shoot outta corners & continue with the under 80mph hooligan program
Agree on the speed.... been that fast on SF. Not my idea of fun, but you do get a good workout holding onto the handlebars. A real good workout.... :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
They will get my 09 Hyper1100S from me when they pry it out from under my cold dead ass. I will buy a used one for parts or have two to make one.

The new bikes are just getting ridiculous price wise. Good thing I am running out of garage space.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Agree on the speed.... been that fast on SF. Not my idea of fun, but you do get a good workout holding onto the handlebars. A real good workout.... :)
Same with the Monster ... hang on because the wind is a pushin

21 - 40 of 117 Posts