Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I like it, but only 5# less (dry)than the V4S? C'mon Ducati.

I guess it kinda fills the gap left by the 1200 Monster. A bike which I never gelled with.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The V4 has a lightness about it and is very easy to transition left/right whereas the 1200 Monster felt top heavy to me. It's the thing that blew me away most on the V4 when I rode it for the first time. If the SFV2 feels the same way, and I were a V2 guy choosing between a Monster 1200 and the SFV2, it's a no brainer. But if you like trellisy things and stoplight to stoplight races then maybe the 1200 is better.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've not ridden the V4 but my 1200R feels super sharp to me in the handling dept. I am much quicker on it than I was my 1098. Might be the handlebar to help muscle the bike around. If someone wants to let me borrow a V4 streetfighter to do a comparo with I am game : )
The wider bar certainly helps.
If it's due to the counter rotation of the V4's crank, then perhaps the SFV2 may not be the same...I dunno.

·
Registered
137 Posts
As far as the looks department, I think the V2 looks cleaner and less busy than the V4. It's given me the idea of just coloring out the lower raw aluminum frame on the V4. I think I'll keep the wings on though in case I need sliders.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm 6'2 205#. I demo'd a V2 and V4 Pani last year and size wise (reach to the bars, etc.) they didn't feel much different to me. I think it mainly comes down to whether you are a twin or V4 person and how you prefer your power served.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Agreed on the above comments. I'm mystified by the "it's too much power" (and for that matter the "not enough power") crowd on the V4. It seems the comments are made because they haven't actually ridden the bike in it's various modes. Put the V4SF in Street and ride it around town at 20 mph if you choose to do so. Race mode makes the bike more edgy and if that's not enough power for you on the street you probably need to see a psychiatrist. I'm in Sport mode 95% of the time on the road and never thought I couldn't make a move on any vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts