Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
I just watched it on utube looks like i might be straying from the HM hurd idk yet the price is very attractive but I know Ducati's thinking my theory is by June it will be avalable in a 'S' model

Someone told me the V4 engine rotates backwards to aid in wheelie control & handling is this true? If it is does the V2 also rotate backwards?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Whoops my bad after looking at Ducati's website it is avalable in a S

·
Registered
770 Posts
It's on there website

·
Registered
770 Posts
Half the pistons but twice the bore & stroke so somethings got to get bigger = more weight

·
Registered
770 Posts
I like it, but only 5# less (dry)than the V4S? C'mon Ducati.

I guess it kinda fills the gap left by the 1200 Monster. A bike which I never gelled with.
How well did the monster handle corners?

·
Registered
770 Posts
That's what I'm afraid of
Not having stump pulling tourqe & nothing happening till 6000rpm

Reactions: CRFan1

·
Registered
770 Posts
There's a guy in salt lake city renting a new street fighter AND a new monster for $250 a day for either one

He's outta his mind imho

·
Registered
770 Posts
Let's really shake this post up
I've been kinda half assed looking around for a new bike to replace my tourqe monster's that are currently getting harder & more expensive to buy parts for (all 08 to 12 hypermotard's)

This streetfighter V2 (I've been waiting for) looks like it might be the one after checking out everything else on earth for the last year & me being a Ducati fan if for nothing more than performance alone I'm sold

BUT

After doing alot of research & riding with owners of R1's, KTM dukes, triumph triples, BMW's I've just about decided the KTM 890 R is the way to go it's lighter, tourqe comes In lower, less expensive, everybody & there brother makes aftermarket parts for it & my good friend is a dealer so I no longer need to walk into a Ducati dealer getting looked down on because I dident pull up in a range rover that costs $114,000.00 (just a Ford F450 work truck that cost $140,000.00 that's paid for) getting treated like the bastard red headed step child because I'm wearing carhartt clothes usually covered in some type of mineral found on earth.....dirt

I'm still thinking & I have all winter to pull the trigger

·
Registered
770 Posts
Agreed
I'm not into the 130mph + thing at all I'd rather shoot outta corners & continue with the under 80mph hooligan program

·
Registered
770 Posts
They will get my 09 Hyper1100S from me when they pry it out from under my cold dead ass. I will buy a used one for parts or have two to make one.

The new bikes are just getting ridiculous price wise. Good thing I am running out of garage space.
I have 4 of them now

·
Registered
770 Posts
If you think about it & be honest what percentage of you guys ride over 100? Or how quick can you flip a bitch & accelerate to the next block hit the binders to make a hard right on your 450+lb bike that I'm shure can out accelerate me after I'm in 3rd......by then I'm already out of the next turn in 3rd again or 4th 5th & 6th
Yes the longer the straights are AFTER a corner you will catch me but that's not what I do

This 20yo kid I ride with has a 701 husky that's REAL hard to catch in the twisties but if the straights are long enough I'll get him if not he leaves me in the dust, yes there is less twistie places I end up riding on but only to get to the fun stuff.

I thought about the 701 but it can't pull as hard as any of my 1100's can, but on the top end were dead even due to my bike being geared 14 / 44 ringing my bikes neck to the flashing red light only gets me 110mph PERIOD

What I really wished sombody made was a 1100 or bigger Vtwin that only needs to rev to 6000rpm & has 120ftlb of grunt doing it (that tourqe thing again) & weighed less than 340lbs wet even if it cost $25k it would be worth it to me

·
Registered
770 Posts
I don't care about being competitive myself we all get beat sooner or later, unless your the lead dog once & awhile the view never changes

·
Registered
770 Posts
Agreed on the comparison 950 hyper vs 890R but being ahem.....close.......to the 890R? that little KTM is like riding a supermoto it's quicker, lighter, revs faster has a quickshifter & cheaper than 950 hyper.

This is my conundrum do I want quick & nimble (950HM / KTM 890) or quick not so nimble & faster 890 KTM / SFV2

NONE of the above have the tourqe, sounds, trellis frame, no computer of a 1100 air cooled hypermotard PERIOD

I guess I'll have to wait till my local stealership has SFV2 to demo.......that is if there not already gone

I have ridden a SFV4 & it reminds me of a Yamaha Vmax all balls & not so much in the cornering department

·
Registered
770 Posts
Not under 40mph, anything over that & no tight turns it's fine & straigh line it's a badass

Any hyper out handles it in the tight stuff. Take one out on a supermoto track you'll get you ass kicked by just about anything out there

All of this is like comparing a Lamborghini to a vette in certain situations one will eat the other alive it all depends on what you do for shits & grins

I'd like to see a 330lb wet upright bike with 180hp all in by 10000rpm, 130ftlb tourqe under 6000, killer brakes, quickshifter, absolutly no computer shit whatsoever other than PROGRAMABLE EFI & spark (let em burn it down) FULLY adjustable suspension, however many cylinders & configuration they want around $30k

Oh shit I just described an electric bike

Reactions: alexc

·
Registered
770 Posts
I'm looking for a replacement bike or bikes due to mine being 14 years old & parts are getting hard it find & some of mine are pushing 40k miles meaning there getting tired.

As of late there's absolutly nothing out there currently avalable that's anywhere as much fun to ride than a 1100HM (in my opinion) that is unless you like 10000 rpm & going fast as hell to do it.

Not my thing zero to 70mph slow to 20 in less than a city block make a hard turn & back to 70 .....repeat is a hellova lot more fun to me than doing 160 on a semi straight road to get your adrenalin flowing will kill you

·
Registered
770 Posts
Yea it's like riding an electric bike it's absolutly silky smooth from idle to wide open no hiccups, lurching, loping absolutly nothing you want to go this fast twist throttle to here....faster turn to here......go from zero to OH MY GOD whack it open.

For a Ducati ANY Ducati the fuel mapping & rider aids make it hands down the smoothest Ducati I've EVER ridden. If you get the chance to ride one do it BUT beware it's so smooth going through the gears without winding it out speed comes VERY VERY quickly. I wound the one I rode to 11000 1st through 3rd then backing out of it (Not my bike) then realising my speed..... I was closing in on 120mph........... decelerating! All hapoening as fast as you could shift 1....2.....3.....lift

That's how smooth & quick it happens

1 - 18 of 18 Posts