Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you go...

$16.995

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its 153 HP...it should be plenty fast but it will be lacking the brutish (i.e FUN) Torque of the 1098. Looks comfy and I am sure the electronics will be good. Not sure why Ducati won't put cruise on these bikes!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Agreed on the comparison 950 hyper vs 890R but being ahem.....close.......to the 890R? that little KTM is like riding a supermoto it's quicker, lighter, revs faster has a quickshifter & cheaper than 950 hyper.

This is my conundrum do I want quick & nimble (950HM / KTM 890) or quick not so nimble & faster 890 KTM / SFV2

NONE of the above have the tourqe, sounds, trellis frame, no computer of a 1100 air cooled hypermotard PERIOD

I guess I'll have to wait till my local stealership has SFV2 to demo.......that is if there not already gone

I have ridden a SFV4 & it reminds me of a Yamaha Vmax all balls & not so much in the cornering department

That's very odd if you think the V4SF handles bad??

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Comparing apples to oranges JeffRPM.....just like a SM would get its ass handed to it on a faster/longer track. Two different bikes. Sounds like you should keep your SM and move on.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I'm looking for a replacement bike or bikes due to mine being 14 years old & parts are getting hard it find & some of mine are pushing 40k miles meaning there getting tired.

As of late there's absolutly nothing out there currently avalable that's anywhere as much fun to ride than a 1100HM (in my opinion) that is unless you like 10000 rpm & going fast as hell to do it.

Not my thing zero to 70mph slow to 20 in less than a city block make a hard turn & back to 70 .....repeat is a hellova lot more fun to me than doing 160 on a semi straight road to get your adrenalin flowing will kill you
Go try an MT-09 SP......I guarantee you will be entertained!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 · (Edited)
I think price will be a big factor in buying the V2 over the V4...and I hate to say it but the V2 may look a bit better/cleaner. Only thing I would get rid of my 1098 for would be the V4 though.....I think :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
If you decide to get rid of the 1098, I hope to be the first person you contact......just sayin 😁

Hahaha...you are about 4th in line, lol. She ain't going anywhere anytime soon.......and this is the first bike I have owned in a LONG time I have said that about, lol. :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 · (Edited)
I've been watching the V2 reviews and at least 3 of them have mentioned throttle snatchyness. The V4 does not have that problem and that's just a deal breaker for me.
Not that I was planning to buy a V2 anyway but I refuse to buy another bike with that shit.

I love my V4SF! :love:
Agreed! If I had to get one it would be the V4 for me. As far as throttle snatch I don't mind it as long as there a way to eliminate it (i.e an ECU flash) but these days it's getting harder and harder.....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
I want to like it but I think it’s too expensive. You could just buy a base Tuono v4 for the same money and it seems quite a rev box. I still have my S4RS which has the same peak torque but 2,000rpm earlier, a kilo less dry weight and about the same power (with the full termi / DP kit). It also has a trellis frame and a dry clutch and to my eye looks better.
Or you could just get a beautiful 1098 SF, hahah :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Apologies for going a bit OT but yesterday was the first time I got scared on my SFS. I was feeling a little frisky so I went to this one bit of road that has long, fast sweepers (aka triple digits). The roads were empty so I got a bit aggressive with the throttle and man, the SFS power is just crazy. I was literally pushed back against the seat when accelerating. There is also no possible way I could just gently pull away from stop lights. Each one felt like a drag race to the next and I am certain I was not pushing that SFS to its limits. Its literally impossible not to ride this bike like a complete hooligan. After yesterday's ride, I have decided I need to play around with the traction control settings a bit. LOL.
Well at least your S model has TC, haha :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts