Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you go...

$16.995

·
Registered
585 Posts
I just watched it on utube looks like i might be straying from the HM hurd idk yet the price is very attractive but I know Ducati's thinking my theory is by June it will be avalable in a 'S' model

Someone told me the V4 engine rotates backwards to aid in wheelie control & handling is this true? If it is does the V2 also rotate backwards?

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R
653 Posts
I just watched it on utube looks like i might be straying from the HM hurd idk yet the price is very attractive but I know Ducati's thinking my theory is by June it will be avalable in a 'S' model

Someone told me the V4 engine rotates backwards to aid in wheelie control & handling is this true? If it is does the V2 also rotate backwards?
The V2 rotates sideways to help with cornering. 😎

·
Registered
585 Posts
Half the pistons but twice the bore & stroke so somethings got to get bigger = more weight

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its 153 HP...it should be plenty fast but it will be lacking the brutish (i.e FUN) Torque of the 1098. Looks comfy and I am sure the electronics will be good. Not sure why Ducati won't put cruise on these bikes!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
The V4 has a lightness about it and is very easy to transition left/right whereas the 1200 Monster felt top heavy to me. It's the thing that blew me away most on the V4 when I rode it for the first time. If the SFV2 feels the same way, and I were a V2 guy choosing between a Monster 1200 and the SFV2, it's a no brainer. But if you like trellisy things and stoplight to stoplight races then maybe the 1200 is better.

·
Registered
617 Posts
The V4 has a lightness about it and is very easy to transition left/right whereas the 1200 Monster felt top heavy to me. It's the thing that blew me away most on the V4 when I rode it for the first time. If the SFV2 feels the same way, and I were a V2 guy choosing between a Monster 1200 and the SFV2, it's a no brainer. But if you like trellisy things and stoplight to stoplight races then maybe the 1200 is better.
I've not ridden the V4 but my 1200R feels super sharp to me in the handling dept. I am much quicker on it than I was my 1098. Might be the handlebar to help muscle the bike around. If someone wants to let me borrow a V4 streetfighter to do a comparo with I am game : )

·
Registered
585 Posts
There's a guy in salt lake city renting a new street fighter AND a new monster for $250 a day for either one

He's outta his mind imho

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've not ridden the V4 but my 1200R feels super sharp to me in the handling dept. I am much quicker on it than I was my 1098. Might be the handlebar to help muscle the bike around. If someone wants to let me borrow a V4 streetfighter to do a comparo with I am game : )
The wider bar certainly helps.
If it's due to the counter rotation of the V4's crank, then perhaps the SFV2 may not be the same...I dunno.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I had a 1200S Monster and the V2 SF is very intriguing to me... I like it so far.

"Half the pistons but twice the bore & stroke so somethings got to get bigger = more weight"
As for larger bore/stroke leading to it being heavier... that just means the hole in the cylinder is bigger! ;-) Seriously though, the bore stroke is not nearly twice in the V2. V2 bore is about 80% of the V4, stroke is about 90% of the V4 and stroke can be changed slightly without changing weight at all anyway. 53.5 vs 60.8 means the pin is about 3.5mm mor offset from one crank to the other. Slightly longer rods maybe, but there are only two of them vs 4. Tons of variable could make up for any difference even if they had the same number of parts.

Anway, I have to say I'm interested in this thing. Solo tail is available, winglets are add ons (Good thing, I dislike them), power is more than adequate for mere mortals like me.

The optional exhaust apparenlty costs $6k which is absolutely ridiculous but one step at a time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
As far as the looks department, I think the V2 looks cleaner and less busy than the V4. It's given me the idea of just coloring out the lower raw aluminum frame on the V4. I think I'll keep the wings on though in case I need sliders.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts