Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got it. I got my ST4. I love it. only problem is the rear peg is stuck. Has anyone else had a problem with it? One side won't come loose so I can't bring my wife.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Hmm strange. Maybe a quick squirt of penetrating oil and a rubber mallet assist. Never had that issue.

·
Still needs a life.
12,550 Posts
Welcome to the flock. Be sure to take a photo of your bike on your first ride in the countryside and post it in the ST photo thread at the beginning of the ST forum.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mad said:
Hmm strange. Maybe a quick squirt of penetrating oil and a rubber mallet assist. Never had that issue.

Penetrating oil without the mallet did it. Thanks. I love this thing. I just wish it had the fast by ferracci pipes like on the 99. The st4 is really a great bike. I felt a little bad for the person I bought it from. He really felt sad letting go of it. He was just riding his 749 more.

But I finally own a Ducati. :yeah:

Bill, when I get a good picture, I'll post it. We plan on going up to TN or NC when it gets a little warmer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
samman23 said:
I finally got it. I got my ST4. I love it. only problem is the rear peg is stuck. Has anyone else had a problem with it? One side won't come loose so I can't bring my wife.
I don't have and ST, but i have a 900 SS. Its sepcifically set up so that i can not have a passenger. I guess I am wondering why you have a problem with the pegs?

·
Registered
720 Posts
the pegs get stuck sometimes due to dirt getting into them. i had the same with the fuel filling cap. Keep them clean and lubricated and you won't have an issue.

Ciao

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
samman23 said:
I just wish it had the fast by ferracci pipes like on the 99. The st4 is really a great bike.
I got mine at Desmotimes.com...just had to call as they aren't on the web site. Got a really good deal. :) They were FastbyFeracci badged carbon SilMotors. If you plan to do the pipes, that is. :)

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
samman23 said:
I actually would like to get those. I just ordered the maintenance manual from him. I definitely would like to get those pipes in a year or so.
Just call and ask when you're ready. He's supposed to actually be adding them to the site but hasn't gotten around to it yet. One man show :cool:

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
mad said:
Hmm strange. Maybe a quick squirt of penetrating oil and a rubber mallet assist.
I had this problem with my '98 ST2, as I never had a passenger the first 2-3 years that I owned the bike. The one side I had to use a penetrating oil and tap it back and forth. The other was so bad that I had to remove the footpeg from the bracket. With both sides, the little ball that rests on the spring had gotten rusty. I had to take some sandpaper to the one to clean it up. Since then, I try to put a couple of drops of oil on them and work it in at least once a year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts