Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
I got the superlite 42 rear with a stock front and an RK gxw chain--I like the rubber dampener on the final drive, no interest in making this bike any noisier.

Ultimately, I bought it all because I found that flip-flop socket that some Illinois company makes for the front/rear sprocket nuts. It's super fancy--beveled edges, nicely machined--and I like purpose-made things.

They all have the cush drive system, you have done yourself a favour there because the superlite sprocket has the lips on the inside edge where the cush drive rubbers sit, they can tear and without the lips to keep the outer ring in place they walk out the back and gradually machine your chain adjuster ring and eccentric, which is only replaceable as a whole unit.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Some of you guys really crack me up. Did I say anything about $50 spark plugs & $1800 services? Buy whatever you F’ing want, but it’s just hilarious that you buy an e pensive motorcycle and then go ‘cheap’. BTW....I do all my own services and not because I’m ‘cheap’.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Well, it's done. Still feel like the sprockets could have gone another 10k easily. 108 link Chain was stretched longer than the new 110 link one.

Superlite folks: My rear sprocket has a tiny bit of lateral play in it. Like the holes from the quick change carrier were a touch too big and the cush drive pucks move a little. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
109 Posts
My rear sprocket has a tiny bit of lateral play in it. Like the holes from the quick change carrier were a touch too big and the cush drive pucks move a little. Anyone else have this issue?
I just had the stock sprocket carrier off from my bike and the pucks would just move, but the sprocket would come off with some work. If they're too easy to move or have clearance, I'm betting that it's time to replace the pucks.

Reactions: DarR

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Agree with Tamworth... they look worn out to me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Why didn't this bike come stock with a 42T rear? It feels like I added a cylinder. So much smoother at lower revs.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts