Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Just posted some more in my Sport Classic 1ks blog.

http://ducatisportclassics.blogspot.com/

Trying to document the progress i'm making in the transformation of this bike! Started in June and hoping to be done by the end of July.... Pretty big ask considering all the work but worth a shot!

Feel free to contact me for advice on any of the steps i've taken so far or leave posts etc.

Paul

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Paul,
your bike is starting to look really good, liked the photos of it in the "muddy forrest", the lighting looked almost like you had a spotlight with you? Did you? You did didnt you, ha,ha. Cant wait to see it with those gold wheels. I think your blogs very intresting and informative and it was good to see a picture of you so I can put a face to the name. Although I think you would look better with your hair down rather than in a bun but I guess you just wear it like that for working on the bike!

·
Registered
517 Posts
pjbraybrook: congrats on your new Ohlins! & your blog is a great read and nice pictures!
PS: you're very courageous to let your girl tighten up any bolt on your bike :)

~k

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hair!

Although I think you would look better with your hair down rather than in a bun but I guess you just wear it like that for working on the bike!
Ben, just for you I might take my hair down next time! Smudge of oil on the cheek, overall slightly open!.... very nice!:p

ha ha

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
The gold forks contrast nicely with the rest of the bike. Very nice!!!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Damn, now i want Ohlins :D

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Nice blog mate…:)

but having the Ohlins anodized in black would have been the real understatement:D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please don't put more money spending ideas into my head!! For now gold will be just dandy! Should get my cans this week too so expect another blog-post. I'll update on the forum whenever I post...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cool blog. I was thinking of doing something like that myself, but I'm lazy :p

I took interest in your post on putting on Pazzo levers. I had a set for my last bike, and they are seriously nice. Did you get short or normal length ones? I've put about 1200 miles on my 2009 Sport 1000 Biposto and the clutch lever is already getting polished over from my fingers.. kinda pisses me off. I may grab a set of Pazzo levers, they are just too nice to pass up.

lol I read some more. Where did you get the Ohlins front forks? I have the Palatov tail chop as well, it is how the bike should have come from the factory.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pazzos

I took interest in your post on putting on Pazzo levers. I had a set for my last bike, and they are seriously nice. Did you get short or normal length ones?

lol I read some more. Where did you get the Ohlins front forks? I have the Palatov tail chop as well, it is how the bike should have come from the factory.
Hey, glad you like the blog... we aim to please!

The Pazzos are normal length, tried shortys on my girlfriends Daytona 675 and they feel awkward to me. They are nice levers and have a great feel about them. Also many different colours if you're into that kind of thing!? One note of caution is be prepared to do the clutch lever! That damn actuating pin is a nightmare to remove and i'm not the only person who had problems. Also don't destroy it removing it as you can't buy another one, you have to by the entire clutch lever which comes with one already glued in (back to square 1!). Have some heat ready to melt the glue and a good pair of molegrips.... also a girlfriend with vice like grip is handy!

The Ohlins were bought from a guy on this forum actually! They cost about £2200 new so not a cheap option at all. They do work so so sweetly though ;)

PM me for any more clutch lever advice!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts