Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I am the proud new owner of a 2007 SC and wanted to share my experience so far. I have actually used this forum A LOT to gather information while I was searching for the bike. I was able to get a great amount of information and get a good idea of what I was getting before making the purchase. So thanks to everyone who posts here!

I figured I have lurked long enough and should contribute something back, so I thought I would give an overview of what I have experienced thus far owning the bike and what things I am planning on doing hopefully it would be helpful to anyone else looking to make the leap. I apologize in advance if this post gets a bit long.

I am 5' 8'', so not the tallest guy in the world and right off the bat I did notice the bike is a bit higher then expected, for me it is not really uncomfortable but it does prove to be a challenge sitting on the bike and moving it around (baking up from a stand-still, etc). Its just something I have to keep in mind when parking or coming to a stop that has a slope.

For the seating height what I have gathered as the optimal solution is to replace the seat with a "Comfort" seat, which are actually no longer available and would need to be acquired second hand. This will mostly likely be my next purchase. Another option that I was looking into was getting the preload adjusted on the shocks as a way to "lower" the seat. I actually came across a thread that stated this was not a good option and was basically a NO NO. Please feel free to correct me if I misunderstood this.

Finally the wrists and the pain!!! I knew about this going in and I just didn't care. I wanted the bike and knew to expect this, my first few rides on the bike lasted maybe 20 minutes and I was done. I thought I made a huge mistake and that I wouldn't be able to ride this bike. After turning back to this forum to get some ideas, here is what I have done since. SUCKED IT UP AND KEPT RIDING =)

I have noticed that I can get by a lot longer now as I am getting use to the bike, I have adjusted my riding style by using abs/back to support my weight and take that weight off my arms/wrists, I am still getting use to this (learned this in a post here). I noticed that the pain really kicks in when I am riding around town and constantly shifting, slowing down, up/down shifting. When I take it out on the open road it is a lot easier, the wind takes some of the weight off and I continue to use the other tip I learned as well. I have also read a bit about the Tall Boy clip-ons from speedy moto, which might be the next option, I am holding off on those for now.

I think that is it for now hopefully this is of some use, I am a bit new to forums so I have attached a picture of the bike, if that doesn't work I can figure out how to upload and insert an image later.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the purchase, the more you ride the easier it will become

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nice looking tail chop. If you lower the bike you might have an interference problem with the plate though. Like the Speedymoto chain guard too. Welcome and I hope you enjoy writing checks!!

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
LOL....well played sir! The image keeps getting flipped every time I upload it =)
Just having fun.

Seriously, the bike looks stunning - extremely clean. These bikes look very nice from the factory - it's almost a shame that more of them don't stay closer to stock. I agree the tail chop looks good, but I wouldn't rush to do much more. The key upgrades are really the functional ones: shorten the final drive gearing (14-T front does it), some kind of exhaust upgrade if that floats your boat (worth it for the sound), and eventually do something about the forks. The rear suspension is pretty good as delivered, and the brakes are more than adequate for street use. I currently track mine with the OEM brakes and they do fine at a middle-of-the-pack pace.

Enjoy. You bought a sweet bike.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Just admiring that photo again and noticed something important....with that Pit Bull stand, the last little rubber cylinder is supposed to be past the end of the swingarm. The instructions are very explicit about this. Apparently if you don't set it that way the bike can come off the stand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just admiring that photo again and noticed something important....with that Pit Bull stand, the last little rubber cylinder is supposed to be past the end of the swingarm. The instructions are very explicit about this. Apparently if you don't set it that way the bike can come off the stand.
Ahhh, running down to the garage right now to fix this! Actually, if I am taking it down I think I am going to go for a quick ride :)

Thanks for the other post as well, great suggestions that I will definitely keep in mind. I am currently hunting down the stock bar end mirrors.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome! This isnt a bike you ride for comfort. Suck it up and get a weekly massage. It's so nice to see these look so new. After 13,000 miles in all the weather mine is starting to show its age. On highway riding I just lay on the tank. It's way more comfortable, but not practical in traffic.

·
Registered
40 Posts
nice bike!! I just bought the exact same one, same year and same colour as yours. I love it! Mine is basically stock like yours but with termi pipes.

I don't know what everyone is talking about with the back pain and wrist problems. I've been our on this thing like every other day for atlease an hour each time and I feel no pain what so ever. My girlfriend feels more pain than I do when we're riding in the city because she doesn't want to lean up on me.

mghani, I'm glad I have someone on the same level as me, I hope we learn a lot about our bikes from each other.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice bike!! I just bought the exact same one, same year and same colour as yours. I love it! Mine is basically stock like yours but with termi pipes.

I don't know what everyone is talking about with the back pain and wrist problems. I've been our on this thing like every other day for atlease an hour each time and I feel no pain what so ever. My girlfriend feels more pain than I do when we're riding in the city because she doesn't want to lean up on me.

mghani, I'm glad I have someone on the same level as me, I hope we learn a lot about our bikes from each other.
Congrats on your SC! These things are a beauty, I catch myself staring at it parked in the garage and forget the reason I went down there :) glad to hear you're not having to go through the wrist pains. I am getting there and like everyone has stated I am just going to keep riding and I have been noticing that it is getting a lot better.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Nice bike congrats! I think you can only get about 1/4 inch lower from those shocks, I was told, could be wrong. If you really want it lower you can get custom hagon shocks and drop about 1 1/2 in. Or a lower racket that will take out the shocks more sideways, with what you have you might need to flip them to fit. A co. In Aus. Is still making the bracket, pm if you want me to find the name in my e mail.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
I'm wondering if that instruction is meant more for the monoposto with the funky right arm that has less 'landing' space for the rollers. I think with the straight arms it'd be okay.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
M, beautiful bike! Very clean...that will pass, LOL :D

A Napoleon (sp?) bracket for the rear shock will help lower it. A few guys simply pulled away the seat cover and trimmed the front sides of the seat and re-stapled the cover back on. With your legs closer together you gain standing height ;)

Yeah, the ergonomics killed me at first TEST RIDE! But I still bought her :) A few lucky folks don't have issues. After a week of riding things got better for me. Congrats and thanks for chiming in!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Congratulations on scoring a really clean SC. On seat height, measure from the top shock bolt to the ground, move the lower shock bolts to the rearmost mounting hole, measure how much lower it is then slide the triples down the tubes a like amount. Haven't done it myself but will in the near future. Drawbacks will be less ground clearance and a more vertical bike on the side stand.

Enjoy your new bike.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Ahhh, running down to the garage right now to fix this! Actually, if I am taking it down I think I am going to go for a quick ride :)

Thanks for the other post as well, great suggestions that I will definitely keep in mind. I am currently hunting down the stock bar end mirrors.
Very nice SC, the PB stand is supposed to have the last bumper off the end of swingarm so bike cannot move sideways or backwards, kind of cups it a bit.

Don't go crazy for stock mirrors, although they look great most people changed them for a reason, ask me how I know..

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
I'm wondering if that instruction is meant more for the monoposto with the funky right arm that has less 'landing' space for the rollers. I think with the straight arms it'd be okay.
I don't think so. The photo on the PitBull site is of a biposto or GT (straight swingarm) and it shows it set the way I described.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
I don't think so. The photo on the PitBull site is of a biposto or GT (straight swingarm) and it shows it set the way I described.
Okay, I believes ya :cool:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts