Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings,

I come from a Monster 796 and Multistrada 1200.

I've been enjoying my new V2 but I've noticed something strange when checking over the bike after having some issues with the dealer on the first service. I won't get into it now but it's been a disappointing experience.

Anyone know what this white crust is on the rubber hose? What part is it connected to? It's just infront of the sight glass but deeper (right side of course)
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
Registered
916 Posts
Greetings,

I come from a Monster 796 and Multistrada 1200.

I've been enjoying my new V2 but I've noticed something strange when checking over the bike after having some issues with the dealer on the first service. I won't get into it now but it's been a disappointing experience.

Anyone know what this white crust is on the rubber hose? What part is it connected to? It's just infront of the sight glass but deeper (right side of course) View attachment 1038924
Probably insulation...it's right by the header

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
It looks like some sort of sealant that got on the housing for the wires to the exhaust valve motor during assembly and dried out. If it bothers you, you can probably clean it off with the eraser end of a pencil. FWIW mine has some on there too. Not quite as much as yours but it's nothing to worry about.

On further thought, it may even be some sort of mark put there during assembly as part of a quality control plan to assure something has been installed/torqued/checked/whatever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts