Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone. I got my SF just a week ago after I crashed my M1100S and it was declared totaled.:( But I wasn't hurt and ended up getting a SF, so I suppose things could be worse.

Looking forward to learning more about this bike through this forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hello, everyone. I got my SF just a week ago after I crashed my M1100S and it was declared totaled.:( But I wasn't hurt and ended up getting a SF, so I suppose things could be worse.

Sucks about the M1100, but grats on the SFs and not be hurt!! Keep the rubber side down!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
welcome to the Streetfighter madness...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. There is definitely a diff between the M1100S and the SF. Me likey the SF a lot!:D Love how it hits the twisties with ease and the steady powerband. What I find interesting is even though the SF doesn't have any kind of fairing vs the bikini fairing on the M1100, I find less chest pounding wind with the SF. Maybe it has something to do with the shape of headlight?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Welcome aboard, Archie,

I've found mucho wind buffetting at triple drigits. At 120mph vision gets mighty blurry and there is nothing to tuck in behind, so I'm still wating for an aftermarket flyscreen or something.

·
Registered
188 Posts

Sorry to hear but real glad your OK and now you have a real beast to tame. Welcome to the club:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
welcome

Tim here, from San Rafael. Welcome to the group. You already have Termis on your SF - where did you find them? At Munroe's?

All the best!

t

·
Registered
206 Posts
Tim here, from San Rafael. Welcome to the group. You already have Termis on your SF - where did you find them? At Munroe's?

All the best!

t
Ray bought the demo bike from Hattar, which already had them. I got mine from Hattar too - it took about 3 weeks for them to come in, but I got my bike before the Termis were generally available, so that was part of the wait.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yah, I wasn't sure which bike to get after my M1100, but after talking to Michael, I felt more at ease this was the right choice. I decided to get the demo because I was still in disbelief I dumped my M1100 and didn't think I deserved another new bike. But technically, I did get another "new" bike (had 1053 miles when I bought it). Plus, it came with termis, open clutch, CRG LS mirrors, and ASV levers, so it helped put closure on my M1100.;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts