Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

New seat for 2016 Pikes Peak

4K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Duckfoot22 
#1 ·
Picked up '16 Pikes two months ago; love the bike, not the seat. My brother had a '15 1200S and now an '18 1260S. Ducati just can't get these seats right (comfortable). We're both 6'4", seat height isn't an issue, just the ergos of the damn seat. Can't get comfortable, keep slipping downhill towards the tank, nut-cruncher.

Finally took the leap and got a Sargent seat. Ordered online, got the REVolution OEM Seat Upgrade (Front), $349.
Wanted it to look mostly stock (no bling), got all black, no need to do the rear seat. Got their Fedex label in one day, dumped entire front seat in the box, got it back in about a week.

Arrived today, beautifully made, looks stock (Italian flag is a nice touch). I just sat on it and took it around the block, but already can see/feel there is a wider seat/ass pan, plus, less severe slope downhill. Seems very well made, very happy so far. I'll put a couple hundred miles on it and report back. Tim

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Scooter Auto part
Vehicle Car Auto part
Footwear Personal protective equipment Wetsuit Shoe
Wetsuit Bicycle saddle Personal protective equipment Bicycle part

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks great! I did a 300 mile ride last Saturday and it reminded me hoe the stock seat on my ‘13 PP was not up to the task.

I may have to look into this seat upgrade (if they offer it for older models).

Glad it worked out so well for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Looks great! I did a 300 mile ride last Saturday and it reminded me hoe the stock seat on my ‘13 PP was not up to the task.

I may have to look into this seat upgrade (if they offer it for older models).

Glad it worked out so well for you!

The DP touring seat for that generation was excellent.

#8 ·
Ok, thanks. I just did a quick search on eBay and there are several that are listed as ‘Ducati Performance’ seats, but they also state that they are lowered. I don’t need a lower seat.

Is there a particular part no. I should look for?

#9 ·
The low seat was different. The one I’m talking about is either called touring or comfort. I’m not sure on the part number, but I believe the seat was the same for 2012-2014.

#15 ·
Have tried so many different seats on monsters, diavels, and multis -- sargent makes the best ones for the monsters, corbin nailed the diavel (and the r nine t). NOw i have a touratech seat on my gen 2 multi (2017 pikes peak) and it is quite good. i am 6'4'' and need all the extra leg room i can get.

#16 ·
I've had Sargent seats on about the last 8 bikes over the years... Ive had one on my 04 Multi, '14 Multi, 18 Multi, and after crashing that one, I put it on my 16 Pike's Peak (I've had them on BMW's too!)... Super comfortable! I've done several 300 and 400 mile days on it, and I never get tired of riding. I was only good for about 30 minutes on the stock seat. These new "revolution" seats use your original seat pan... You send your seat to Sargent (FedEx freight included!), they take off your seat material and padding, and add their padding and seat material, and ship it back. They also send you a matching passenger seat cover. I took my passenger seat to a upholstery shop, and they installed it for me, doing a great job. So, I'm about as happy a Sargent customer as can be! Their quality is top shelf.

Reactions: Duckfoot22
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.