Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally have my bike in my possession after purchasing it three years ago and having it get stuck in customs hell for the better part of the past three years. I got my hands on it, changed the battery and drained/replaced all the fluids. Cleaned it thoroughly. Went to hit the start button but no sound, no response no noise nothing. I'm thinking this is the starter solenoid? Should I try to jump the solenoid? New to working on bikes, been working on small engines my whole life but nothing like this thing. Don't want to screw anything up.

·
Registered
303 Posts
So I finally have my bike in my possession after purchasing it three years ago and having it get stuck in customs hell for the better part of the past three years. I got my hands on it, changed the battery and drained/replaced all the fluids. Cleaned it thoroughly. Went to hit the start button but no sound, no response no noise nothing. I'm thinking this is the starter solenoid? Should I try to jump the solenoid? New to working on bikes, been working on small engines my whole life but nothing like this thing. Don't want to screw anything up.
Congrats!!

1. Make sure you’re not in gear and in neutral.
2. Make sure the kickstand is down.
3. Make sure you flip the ignition safety switch down.
3. Remove the seat and make sure everything is connected securely. Check the rectifier (under the seat, looks like a metal box with cooling fins and make sure there aren’t any burn marks on the yellow wires).

Do you have the red key? It might be an imobiliser issue.

When you flip the key to on do the lights come on and the dials do their thing?

If all else fails maybe consider taking it into a shop. Might be something really simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
It will be a while before I get my bike from idle for the better part of a decade to running but I second the pattern above. When I was riding it, there were a few instances of it being something innocuous like having the engine kill switch flipped or left in gear.

Hoping it is minor regardless! I’m working on organizing my garage to get my GT up and running again. Lots of things to do after sitting so long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts