Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
highest point

I like the looks of it, but I am concern with the function. (It's brakes after all, who needs them to function properly???)
My take on it is that the reservoir should be the highest point in the system.
It looks like the tube connecting the reservoir to the brake pump is making a low bend. That would trap any bubble(they tend to raise to the closest highest point)........:a trap bubble means that it will compress and you may end up with mooshy or no brakes...
You may not have any problems right away, but It jut might happen when you need them most.
thawouddakinddasuck'

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Those indicatos need shortening & whats with the fabric on the bar. ? If you want proper Duc elastic i have loads & i,ll send you some:D.

As for the mounts its clean & tidy , but who gaf what anyone thinks , if your happy go for it..

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reservoirs actually are the highest point. I have seen track bikes with even lower mounts with no problems - just have to make sure with the bleed.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm waiting for the Oberon bar end indicators and the original ones will be gone altogether. The bar "fabric" is actually a carbon fibre sleeve - not a false tape version, but real carbon fibre.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I'm waiting for the Oberon bar end indicators and the original ones will be gone altogether. The bar "fabric" is actually a carbon fibre sleeve - not a false tape version, but real carbon fibre.
I dont mean that i mean the tape holding the cables to the bar:D

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I notice you used the clear tube. Keep an eye on that as the clear tube i got with the Rizoma fluid holders seeped fluid thro them daily. I could wipe it with my finger & the day after it was back. Switched to black Ducati tube & had no probs since

1 - 11 of 11 Posts