Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first bike 1999 Ducati 750 Supersport with 23,000 miles on it for 2000. the only mechanical issue i have found is that it has a small fuel leak, i plan to do the leak fix that i saw posted on the forum SOON. Other than that its all cosmetic damage i think because i dont know much about bikes. i live in an apartment complex and have it garaged but i wanted to know what other security measures i can take to keep it secured. Any other suggestions would be awesome on anything riding maintenance any wisdom is good.

Thx

·
Registered
139 Posts
For security- Rotor lock(s), cable/chain to fixed pole/structure, bike cover, alarm, Lo-Jack, et al.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice bike, not to be a killjoy but if someone really wants your bike they're going to take it. Depending on the neighborhood you live in disc lock and maybe a chain on the back wheel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in a really good neighborhood i forgot to mention there are quite a few bikers that live here sport, harley, and those big touring bikes. so i think i should be good

·
Registered
87 Posts
I haven't checked out a 99+ SS lately, but I would assume it's an Allen wrench. If it's slotted Dzus fasteners, then a standard screwdriver should work, but they make a rounded tool specifically for those.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol not a trick question everything is factory so im guessing its hex. my last question is about the rear seat lock, its missing its rigged up with something crazy to open it i wanted to find out about putting in a new one but i cant find a place that sells it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
lol not a trick question everything is factory so im guessing its hex. my last question is about the rear seat lock, its missing its rigged up with something crazy to open it i wanted to find out about putting in a new one but i cant find a place that sells it.
Ebay would be your best bet, however it wont be keyed alike with your ignition.

·
Registered
112 Posts
clutch

Hello there
wet my guy, at least my bike a 750SS year 2001 has a wet clutch.
Regards
Arnego2

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok how about some fairings im trying to find some inexpensive ones i saw some on ebay but they come from china. the shark skinz are nice but there pretty expensive does anyone have any ideas?

and i was under the impression that the bike wouldnt start with the kick stand down. mine does and i cant find the wire coming from it to turn it back on. help please

·
Registered
139 Posts
As far as body bits go- you get what you pay for. Almost everyone I know that has fitted the Chinese-made pannels have had to be a bit "creative" in making it fit well. There are some Chinese manufactured bits that fit better then others, my guess is to read all the feedback you can on the seller and look for any comments regarding fitment issues.

The bike should not start with the kickstand down. Is there a harness from the front of the engine going to the back of the side stand? If not, remove your left fairing and it's probably been zip-tied to the frame somewhere. That's where I located mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have a new issue well sort of. im trying to tighten my chain but im not sure how. i know your supposed to loosen a bolt on the rear spindel but mine is on the right side and it has a pin through it im not sure why. any way is that what im supposed to take off? also for my kick stand kill switch i dont see any wires coming from it and i looked at everything and i cant find it.

please help

·
Registered
740 Posts
On my '93 750SS I can start when on the kick stand. Normal with older bikes. All you have is a warning light telling you the stand is out.

The bolt that holds the wheel needs to be loosend in order to tighten the chain. You need a paddock stand to do this propperly!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts