Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 50, I've finally decided to learn how to ride a motorcycle (and I swear it's not midlife crisis :smile2:). I took the MSF course (08/08/19) to kick off this journey. As a tall person (6'4"), I felt like I needed a sport touring bike and narrowed my choices down to Ducati and BMW. I found what I feel was a good deal on a '16 Multistada 1200s and bought it (08/19/19).
Learning to ride on this big bike has been terrifying at times but overall, it's been an exciting and rewarding experience. It does have a few issues (DSS error and fuel gauge reading empty all of the time) which I've seen as common issues on this forum but I'll take it to the dealer and have it looked at as soon as I get the extended warranty switched into my name. I don't have the fortune or misfortune of owning any other bikes so I don't know how Ducati compares. I do, however, really enjoy my new bike.

·
Administrator
13,025 Posts
Hi and welcome. Delighted to hear that you took the MSF course, it is invaluable training for safety. I think you picked a great bike, not a beginner bike but a good one if you are careful and work on your skills.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome to the party! As a tall guy myself (6'2) I had to get higher bars for my Streetfighter and then it was actually comfortable. If you already took the BRC1 then I would suggest taking the BRC2 next spring prior to the season. Glad you like the MTS, that's probably my next purchase for touring/2-up riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts