Registered
218 Posts
yes

What he said.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks - Subjective...but i do think the SF looks better. Im talking a 10 then this is a 9.

Power - Little less then the SF, you can tell

Weight - heavier, but you cant tell.

Now...its smoother, more predictable power delivery. Handles a fuckload better (The sf i have to leave off, even my buddies monster handles better). Gear box is flawless, brakes...well same as SF....good. Overall I think its a better bike in some ways. Honestly the only reason i would tell people to get the triple over the duc is the maint costs..etc.

·
Temporary greeter
23,076 Posts
Looks - Subjective...but i do think the SF looks better. Im talking a 10 then this is a 9.

Power - Little less then the SF, you can tell

Weight - heavier, but you cant tell.

Now...its smoother, more predictable power delivery. Handles a fuckload better (The sf i have to leave off, even my buddies monster handles better). Gear box is flawless, brakes...well same as SF....good. Overall I think its a better bike in some ways. Honestly the only reason i would tell people to get the triple over the duc is the maint costs..etc.
So how does it compare to the V-Rod?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So how does it compare to the V-Rod?
Well different animals, but Id say WAY better in every way. Besides the cool look of the vrod, this bike does everything better.

·
Registered
131 Posts
awesome ride. i love striples and almost bought one. i demo'd it and was close to pulling the trigger before the looks of the SF won me over versus the new headlights on the 12 striples

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
It shouldn't be able to handle better, and certainly not a fu........ better. You should get your suspension set up.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol...I have my suspension.set up. The sf rake.and wheelbase is why it doesnt. Trust me a monster handles better than a sf.

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
713 Posts
S3 < SF1098 in power

different riding positions too, which might mean better/worse handling to some. So handling can be subjective I guess.

Until the current generation S3 came out, I liked S3. not anymore. Looks are subjective but in my book S3 < 1098SF

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Lol...I have my suspension.set up. The sf rake.and wheelbase is why it doesnt. Trust me a monster handles better than a sf.

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com Free App
Really?

I understand your statement because it took me some time to understand the fighter... What is the key to fixing excessive rake and poor ground clearance? Sorry, short people need to find the nearest exit !

My F1098 is the best handling bike I've had the pleasure to throw a leg over- ! Even more so, since Cogent Dynamics has worked its magic !

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
awesome ride. i love striples and almost bought one. i demo'd it and was close to pulling the trigger before the looks of the SF won me over versus the new headlights on the 12 striples
I rode a demo Striple this weekend (BTW, I think Striple refers to the Street Triple. Don't know what you call a Speed Triple, a Spiple???)

I felt the same way, very nice, smooth, well built machine, but the SF848 is calling my name. Seems I just can't break free of the twins.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Man that triple looks awesome. Congrats on your purchase and dont let anybody bring you down with the "superior SF" comments. Totally different beasts and I would argue that the S3 could be even more fun to ride because it is easier to toss around unlike the SF.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts