Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,233 Posts
The recall reads like they are talking about the fuel line that is in the tank. They mention specifically the fuel pump. I think they CYA talking about fire and death in the notice though. You basically have a dead bike since the line comes off the fuel pump circuit and just pumps fuel from the tank...back into the tank. I was an early victim of this one. Self repair unless you like dropping your bike off at the dealer which for me kills an entire day as they are 3 hours away.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I wonder if DNA will...

The recall reads like they are talking about the fuel line that is in the tank. They mention specifically the fuel pump. I think they CYA talking about fire and death in the notice though. You basically have a dead bike since the line comes off the fuel pump circuit and just pumps fuel from the tank...back into the tank. I was an early victim of this one. Self repair unless you like dropping your bike off at the dealer which for me kills an entire day as they are 3 hours away.
... give a caller the affected VIN range? It would be nice to know if my SFs needs to be serviced. I took a 300 mile ride this summer and I was thinking "man it would suck if that line popped off 150 miles from home" the whole time...

P.S. My service manager told me that DNA is going to replace ALL the rt hand forks on all the Streetfighters in time... Anyone heard this as well?

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
they are replacing all the S model Ohlins dampeners.. I had mine replaced. it took a day because they ordered them first.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Did yours show any visable cracks?

they are replacing all the S model Ohlins dampeners.. I had mine replaced. it took a day because they ordered them first.
Mine did/does not so far. Apparently Ducati is replacing them all anyway.

Slight threadjack... I also have a complaint into DNA via my dealer because my rear cowl & passenger seat are rubbing together and the result is missing paint. The inital response from the Ducati service rep was that he would pay to paint both pieces. :rolleyes: I guess that will magically fix the abrasion issues...

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,233 Posts
there is one other spot that rubs... where the rear tail lights poke through the tail. Mine is off a smidge and rubs. I slid a small piece of electrical tape to pad the edge that is rubbing. If I ever pull the tail off, I'll see about realigning the tail lights.

I had not heard any issues about the stabilizer before this post. Does the mount crack?

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Guess what..............

I broke down Thursday night, bike just lost it's fire. I pull over to the side just to see fuel poring down and nicely running over the exhaust pipe.

Good thing was I made it only a few yards and the engine was still cold.

One fuel fitting came loose on the tank.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yikes!

Guess what..............

I broke down Thursday night, bike just lost it's fire. I pull over to the side just to see fuel poring down and nicely running over the exhaust pipe.

Good thing was I made it only a few yards and the engine was still cold.

One fuel fitting came loose on the tank.
Is this a fitting we could inspect with a flashlight without removing the tank or sidepanels?

·
1,642 Posts
not that I was aware of.

Mine did/does not so far. Apparently Ducati is replacing them all anyway.

Slight threadjack... I also have a complaint into DNA via my dealer because my rear cowl & passenger seat are rubbing together and the result is missing paint. The inital response from the Ducati service rep was that he would pay to paint both pieces. :rolleyes: I guess that will magically fix the abrasion issues...
they had a new recall that said,, ALL forks on all existing bikes with the ohlins

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
jones525
What came off on my bike is the fuel line fitting that connects to the tank on the front section towards the seat. Not sure if that is what was listed in the recall. There is not much to look at, if they are not connected right then they spray fuel right away since there is a good amount of pressure on it once you turn the ignition on. Mine just plain and simple fell of it's connection on the tank.

On the tail piece- I have the same problem, first I thought it was wax. Then I took the seat cowl of and saw that it's eating into the tail.
Worst part is that once I got the DP carbon tail cover I noticed that the DP carbon version is a fraction smaller then the stock one and now the scratched area shows big time.
I did put a rubber molding onto the carbon cover ( did not come with one) and now it covers the scratched area and does not eat into the paint any longer.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Something else, are we suppose to call the dealers weekly to find out if there are any new recalls?

I use to Export lot's of Jap bikes and ATV's to Europe that were all bought brand new with warranty registration and still today I get almost every month a recall notice in the mail from Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha ect.

Would it be so difficult for Ducati to may be notify us? They all know who bought a bike and have our address. I hear they will tell you when you do your service, so 600mls and then 7500? What do they think......

You know how the dealers in Germany did handle the first fork recall? -
Owners received a phone call - Do not drive the bike, we send a truck to pick it up. There is a major safety issue with the forks.

Anybody got a call and was offered a free pickup over here ?

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Something else, are we suppose to call the dealers weekly to find out if there are any new recalls?

Most of us probably informed our dealers! :think:

DNA at its best. At least they stopped shipment of a lot of the bikes once they were aware. (I hear someone is starting on a pipe tomorow;))

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
freezerburn You are going to run some SF owners nuts now, it even took me a few seconds to get it....... for a moment I thought what in the world can they recall now on a pipe. - NO pipe recall is coming for all you reading this.

This was about something else between him and me.:)
Freezerburn- it's in the works.......

·
Registered
309 Posts
Shift-Tech

jones525
What came off on my bike is the fuel line fitting that connects to the tank on the front section towards the seat. Not sure if that is what was listed in the recall. There is not much to look at, if they are not connected right then they spray fuel right away since there is a good amount of pressure on it once you turn the ignition on. Mine just plain and simple fell of it's connection on the tank.

On the tail piece- I have the same problem, first I thought it was wax. Then I took the seat cowl of and saw that it's eating into the tail.
Worst part is that once I got the DP carbon tail cover I noticed that the DP carbon version is a fraction smaller then the stock one and now the scratched area shows big time.
I did put a rubber molding onto the carbon cover ( did not come with one) and now it covers the scratched area and does not eat into the paint any longer.
Thanks for the info... I wonder if DNA is aware of the tail section issue. It seems as if the pin on the cowl / passenger seat were threaded that you could just turn it out one turn and problems solved. I dont have the guts to grab the pin and try to twist it. If I break it then its my dime.

·
1,642 Posts

I found out about the recall the day after the dealers all got email notices of it. My dealer said at the time that since he wasn't sure if the recall implied to replace fork legs on bikes that have already been checked and sold that he was going to email DNA and ask for clarification.
a few days later he told me he had the parts in and to bring my bike in anytime. so I brought it in the next day (a saturday morning) and picked it up later that day.

·
Registered
102 Posts
they had a new recall that said,, ALL forks on all existing bikes with the ohlins
It is just specific VIN's within the SFS model. My VIN was between 2 blocks of VIN's on a master list that needed replacement, but Ducati apparently had info that the Ohlins fork on my bike is okay, despite my VIN being among those that needed it. I assume it had to do with the sequence of VIN's being only indirectly related to the actual sequence of manufacturing bikes on the line, and knowledge of which batch of Ohlins-supplied hardware was used on each bike.
I'm hoping, anyway.
:eek:

·
Bon Vivant
10,919 Posts
wintermute, you better check again. My dealer said that ALL the Ohlins right forks had to be replaced because
they didn't have accurate information on which bikes had the effected forks.

Mine had been inspected and deemed fine - then I changed my front tire...
the fork leg crumbled like a soup cracker. very scary stuff!

·
Registered
233 Posts
wintermute, you better check again. My dealer said that ALL the Ohlins right forks had to be replaced because
they didn't have accurate information on which bikes had the effected forks.

Mine had been inspected and deemed fine - then I changed my front tire...
the fork leg crumbled like a soup cracker. very scary stuff!

:eek: VERY SCARY indeed!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts