Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought eBay rearsets for my Streetfighter. I started doing a parts inventory according to the parts diagram I received. Came upon this jagged looking washer and couldn't figure out where it goes or what type of washer it is. Is it designed for a specific purpose?

Also, not sure what type of washer/spacers the circled parts are in the 2nd photo but they are made or a different material. I think it's brass and it goes on the brake linkage and pivoting part that pushes the master cylinder? I've circled the area in 3rd photo.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
washer

According to the diagram they do show a m8x40 holding the peg itself with a lock washer of sorts, would the diameter match? If not shoot a pic of the diagram on the other side.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mount

Looking at that diagram the portion that actually mounts to the frame doesn't appear to be for a Streetfighter, it
could be just their drawing. You may want to compare the mounting holes to the frame of the bike. Btw if there is
a clearance issue with the rear cylinder down pipe in my case I used a 1/4 inch spacer between the bike frame and the rearset.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the diagram they do show a m8x40 holding the peg itself with a lock washer of sorts, would the diameter match? If not shoot a pic of the diagram on the other side.
There are 3 lock washers, 1 of the one in photo, and 2 for the foot pegs. I believe this mystery washer is m6, I will double check she I get home.

So can someone confirm this is a lock type washer?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at that diagram the portion that actually mounts to the frame doesn't appear to be for a Streetfighter, it
could be just their drawing. You may want to compare the mounting holes to the frame of the bike. Btw if there is
a clearance issue with the rear cylinder down pipe in my case I used a 1/2 inch spacer between the bike frame and the rearset.
Thanks for the tip. I believe these are almost copies of SATOs. Here is a photo from SATO's website

·
Registered
147 Posts
Rearsets

Ah the upper frame mount through me off. My guess is looking at that pic that your going back an inch or so but up quite a bit looks like over an inch. Hope you enjoy them.

·
Super Moderator
5,376 Posts
I bought eBay rearsets for my Streetfighter. I started doing a parts inventory according to the parts diagram I received. Came upon this jagged looking washer and couldn't figure out where it goes or what type of washer it is. Is it designed for a specific purpose?

Also, not sure what type of washer/spacers the circled parts are in the 2nd photo but they are made or a different material. I think it's brass and it goes on the brake linkage and pivoting part that pushes the master cylinder? I've circled the area in 3rd photo.
Yes...that's a lock washer.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
couldn't find a place for it so ended up no even using it. Just put 1300 miles on a 4 day trip and everything performed flawlessly and its still tight. Will take it all apart and apply blue loctite Only thing that went wrong was the plastic endcap for the peg fell off. Not a big deal and I'm just gonna pop off the one on the other peg.

For $112 shipped from CA, it was the best mod so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts