Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a set of painted Sebimoto kevlar race fairings from a buddy of mine. My Catalyst Composite race fairings are now my backup set :)

I think the new scheme looks great, but it needs some additional decals. I don't want to do the Xerox scheme. I am thinking of just adding some sort of large decal on the number plate on the left and right fairing, but don't know exactly what to add. I was thinking of using the Modesto Ducati symbol as I think it looks cool and the guys at that shop are awesome so I would not mind endorsing their shop. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

-Carlo

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
If the Ducati 749 logo is a sticker and not cleared over, I would make it in white (or keep it Black) and move it up into the Red section on the side panels, and match the more horizontal position of the body lines nearest the upper cowling. Then, I would make the Modesto logo in Red, and place it centered and forward on the White section of the side panels.

Hopefully, I didn't open a can of worms on you...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow the bike looks badass. Are those the Sebimoto fairings that were for sale brieflyy on here?

Of topic, I see you now have a LV exhaust, did you sell you Termis? How do you like the LV compared to the Termi?

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow the bike looks badass. Are those the Sebimoto fairings that were for sale brieflyy on here?

Of topic, I see you now have a LV exhaust, did you sell you Termis? How do you like the LV compared to the Termi?
Yes these are the same Sebimoto fairings that were put up for sale. Luckily, Sean (the seller) is a good buddy of mine and he gave me a great deal for the fairings. He also happens to be the previous owner of my bike :)

As for the Termi, yes I did sell the Termis. The LV sounds much better than the Termi imo and there is some weight savings. Looks are subjective, and I only think the LV looks good from directly behind the bike. Besides that, I prefer the look of the Termi. Now the actual race Termi on the WSBK spec 999R looks absolutely amazing.

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If the Ducati 749 logo is a sticker and not cleared over, I would make it in white (or keep it Black) and move it up into the Red section on the side panels, and match the more horizontal position of the body lines nearest the upper cowling. Then, I would make the Modesto logo in Red, and place it centered and forward on the White section of the side panels.

Hopefully, I didn't open a can of worms on you...
Yes, the logo is a sticker and isn't cleared over. If I decide to go with the Modesto logo, I'll probably do what you suggested and move the 749 logo into the red section of the fairings and have the Modesto logo on the white plate as you mentioned.

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
2,008 Posts
Yes, the logo is a sticker and isn't cleared over. If I decide to go with the Modesto logo, I'll probably do what you suggested and move the 749 logo into the red section of the fairings and have the Modesto logo on the white plate as you mentioned.
Get that rear caliper mounted under the swingarm as it lowers the center of gravity and looks way better.

The billet caliper mounts run from $165 at Yoyodyne to $200 at Moto. Moto one is a bit nicer looking.

May need longer brake lines not sure on the 749...

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
2,008 Posts
One more thing, get the Gilles chain adjusters. Man, about the best mod I did. Super quick, easy, and accurate wheel alignment and a must for track bikes...

Stock one is engineered horribly...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Might be cool to "ghost in" the modesto thing into the white portion. Ie. paint it on in pearl white against the flat white. I'd really love to one day ghost in a stripe in red similar to what you have in white on my red 749S.

·
Registered
464 Posts
How about a MotoGP style shell logo on the swingarm?

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for the suggestions :)

Does anyone know what windscreen looks similar to the one used in WSBK? I currently have a DP screen and it doesn't provide good wind coverage and I want to purchase a new screen similar to the style in WSBK.

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And... Buttonwillow with me again? YEE HAR! I can't wait to go back there.

Ohh, bike looks great too! Glad you finally got the paint scheme on. I'm still reluctant to paint my bike Ducati red...
let me know when there is a weekend event and I'll be there!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts