Replaced the huge termi stickers with smaller carbon version from 999

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
looking great... what grips are those?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good looking mods, I like the small amounts of red that ties everything together. Now you need the shift-tech exhaust bracket.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Bike looks awesome. It's owner is smart for choosing Shift-Tech, best carbon around for the price. I've had Shift-Tech carbon on all my Ducati's. Hey I didn't know Shift-Tech had a rear hugger out for the SF? The web site say's coming soon :confused:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've always wondered what the level of effort is for replacing handgrips? Not finding the OEMs sized right for me.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bike looks awesome. It's owner is smart for choosing Shift-Tech, best carbon around for the price. I've had Shift-Tech carbon on all my Ducati's. Hey I didn't know Shift-Tech had a rear hugger out for the SF? The web site say's coming soon :confused:
Thanks. The hugger is off the 1098, i trimmed two areas to fit. Its very easy, just need guts to do it.:)

Sito; The D3 is very comfortable and a tad beefier than the stock grips. Fairly easy to replace the grips, I use Windex for removal (insert a small screw driver between the bar and grip then spray and twist until it comes off) Same procedure when installing the new one.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've always wondered what the level of effort is for replacing handgrips? Not finding the OEMs sized right for me.
I just changed mine yesterday. These are Pro-grip suberbike. Very easy to change. Left grip literally slid off :eek:. Right one took a little tugging. Same with installation. Used grip glue and zip ties on the ends to give a little added security.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I just changed mine yesterday. These are Pro-grip suberbike. Very easy to change. Left grip literally slid off :eek:. Right one took a little tugging. Same with installation. Used grip glue and zip ties on the ends to give a little added security.

How's the diameter of the Progrips as compared to the stockers?...I find that I have better throttle control with a smaller grip...

·
Registered
465 Posts
How's the diameter of the Progrips as compared to the stockers?...I find that I have better throttle control with a smaller grip...
Definitely smaller than stock and I really like the texture of these better. Much better feel. Renthal makes some that are even thinner / firmer which I was torn between. I think they are maybe better for the track but these are slightly more comfortable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts