Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys just got done putting on my new rizoma handle bars and crg lane split mirrors,lux billet grips, radator gards, cf radiator side covers,crg clutch and brake lever thanks to shift teck for free shipping and 10% off and motovation for getting me my parts fast here are some pic of the bike just got done looks great:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
nice...what color is your bike?...it looks charcoal gray in the pics...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice!! You have good taste!! I think the side cf radiator guards are absolute must for the black SFs.....The white things that come stock look ridic. IMO

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice!

When are you going to ditch the charcoal canister? It's easy to do and makes for a cleaner look.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Whats that all about ? we dont have them on the UK bikes ?
It's an emissions thing. It condenses gasoline vapors coming from the gas tank. Many people remove it and save a couple of lbs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey whats that canister do and I can take it off. I did not know that! how do I do that and does it void my warranty can any one post pics of what you are talking about thanks Eric:confused:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey whats that canister do and I can take it off. I did not know that! how do I do that and does it void my warranty can any one post pics of what you are talking about thanks Eric:confused:
It catches the vaporized gas... Not really of any use and does not void your warranty. It's a EPA thingy...

You can easily remove it - Sorry, I can't take pics at the moment as I'm in Singapore and the bike at home.

Here a short summary: Find the hose coming from the tank and reroute it downwards instead of into the canister. Go to the right side of the bike (rear brake side) and find the two hose "ends" Plug the two "pins" with rubber or silicon caps (I use the BMW one - or you can get them at Schucks). When you follow the hoses you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info I am going to take mine off. does anyone have any pic: with that ugly thing not there thanks

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Thanks for the info I am going to take mine off. does anyone have any pic: with that ugly thing not there thanks

hope this helps :)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
it didnt come with it, but i thought it would help you since you wanted to see how the bike looks like without it!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it didnt come with it, but i thought it would help you since you wanted to see how the bike looks like without it!!
thanks I did want to see how with out it helps a lot. did you clipp the ears on your bike or did you your bike come like that to. ( the front blinker did you take the spacers out) thanks;)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
it came to me as you see it. no big ears no stickers, no box at the left side!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here's a couple pics that may save you a few minutes. I picked up a variety kit of these rubber emissions plugs/caps at the local auto parts store. Pick one that fits snugly, and reach in there with some needle nose pliers (use a little spit) and it'll slide right on. I did this because I don't care for any extra hoses, etc. cluttering up the look.

The third pic is the tank vent line that runs to the canister....do NOT plug this. Either leave it alone, or you can cut it short like I did (one less hose.) BTW, I packed the end of it with a gun bore cleaning patch with a little motor oil on it (so it can't pull debris into the tank)....just make sure you can get air through it before you reinstall it. If you hear you tank hiss when you open it, check this line first.

The last pic is the 'after'.... I personally don't understand the comments on 'how do I fill this void?'.... It's not a 'void', it's a place that no longer has an ugly plastic box. Being able to see the forward cylinder including the magnesium cover looks great. Next step will be the horn relocation.

Disclaimer: I have neither done, nor condone/recommend that anyone fiddle with any of their original emissions equipment. ;) And hey, where did all my cool frame stickers go??! :eek:

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i hate those damn stickers!!!why did they put them in the first place??My fighter came with no stickers here in greece!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's a couple pics that may save you a few minutes. I picked up a variety kit of these rubber emissions plugs/caps at the local auto parts store. Pick one that fits snugly, and reach in there with some needle nose pliers (use a little spit) and it'll slide right on. I did this because I don't care for any extra hoses, etc. cluttering up the look.

The third pic is the tank vent line that runs to the canister....do NOT plug this. Either leave it alone, or you can cut it short like I did (one less hose.) BTW, I packed the end of it with a gun bore cleaning patch with a little motor oil on it (so it can't pull debris into the tank)....just make sure you can get air through it before you reinstall it. If you hear you tank hiss when you open it, check this line first.

The last pic is the 'after'.... I personally don't understand the comments on 'how do I fill this void?'.... It's not a 'void', it's a place that no longer has an ugly plastic box. Being able to see the forward cylinder including the magnesium cover looks great. Next step will be the horn relocation.

Disclaimer: I have neither done, nor condone/recommend that anyone fiddle with any of their original emissions equipment. ;) And hey, where did all my cool frame stickers go??! :eek:

Mike
pucker thanks for the detailed list on how to remove the that ugly box I am going to remove it next week thanks.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts