Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Vented clutch cover (colorite magnesium paint, matches perfectly)
-Motowheels 7000 series slipper with surflex plates
-WSB style carbon clutch cover
-Oberon billet oil filler cap

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
My dream bike

That's a nice, really nice bike you've there, luv that half case engine cover with vents for the clutch. All that carbon fiber and magnesium looks good too!
What, about more pics of the whole bike in detail?

Regards

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a nice, really nice bike you've there, luv that half case engine cover with vents for the clutch. All that carbon fiber and magnesium looks good too!
What, about more pics of the whole bike in detail?

Regards
I will get some tomorrow in the light. Thanks :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Nice slipper there. .
How's that working for you?
Also how's that heat wrap? Did you only wrap the pipes half way?

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Very nice as well. I explored the magnesium paint idea some time ago and I'm glad you posted this. I was going to do some faux magnesium on my 916 and wondered about the result. I know prep is key, does the paint appear durable and not prone to flaking, or is too early to tell just yet? I think based on your work, I might just do that very same thing on the left side engine casing on my Multi some day. Too bad I just changed the oil last week, would be ideal to time it with an oil change.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nice slipper there. .
How's that working for you?
Also how's that heat wrap? Did you only wrap the pipes half way?
The slipper works well, basically the same as the factory one that I had on the bike, but the motowheels version is lighter. I ran out of heat wrap and have not gone back to buy any, so that is it for the moment, haha! It actually helps a little bit protecting my left leg. I wanted to at least get the areas I did cover for the sake of the heat of the seat. It seems to help a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice as well. I explored the magnesium paint idea some time ago and I'm glad you posted this. I was going to do some faux magnesium on my 916 and wondered about the result. I know prep is key, does the paint appear durable and not prone to flaking, or is too early to tell just yet? I think based on your work, I might just do that very same thing on the left side engine casing some day. Too bad I just changed the oil last week, would be ideal to time it with an oil change.
The paint matches perfectly, but I am a little worried. Color Rite does not recommend a clear coat on the paint because the color can change, but that does make it prone to possible flaking and damage from fluids. I actually had to redo it (or my friend rather) because I got a little of the gasket maker on the paint and it changed the color. So, I am thinking about making another one but with the clear coat that color rite sells to protect it. But, if you are careful I think it will be fine. I was very cautious when installing it the second time and made sure there would be no oil leaks. So far so good. I was thinking of the left side casing as well. I would imagine that side to be better being there are less seals for oil to leak out of. I planned everything according to my oil change needs :D

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I was thinking of using the Colorite magnesium paint but the cost of the paint plus the cost to ship a hazardous chemical, some sort of fee? and shipping put me off. How much coverage do you get out a can? They are small so I was curious. I think the total cost was somewhere near $75 a can.
So I put the money towards my 2 magnesium valve covers.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was thinking of using the Colorite magnesium paint but the cost of the paint plus the cost to ship a hazardous chemical, some sort of fee? and shipping put me off. How much coverage do you get out a can? They are small so I was curious. I think the total cost was somewhere near $75 a can.
So I put the money towards my 2 magnesium valve covers.
I bought the aerosol can, it was $38. I also got the primer which was $15 or $17. The can should be able to cover 2 or even 3 of the clutch side casings like I did. It is more than enough paint, and worth the money in my mind. It matches perfectly (I have the factory valve covers to compare ;))

·
Registered
339 Posts
I know nobody plans to crash, but aren't you afraid to damage that expensive clutch because the cover is not protective enough? This was the main reason why I got Woodcraft cover on my Duck.....

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know nobody plans to crash, but aren't you afraid to damage that expensive clutch because the cover is not protective enough? This was the main reason why I got Woodcraft cover on my Duck.....

I have thought about it. I would not use the carbon at the track that is for sure.

·
Registered
560 Posts
+2 on using the woodcraft, if I owned that totally beautiful bike I would have underfairing crash bobbins too. What a wonderfully great looking bike!

Well done, but seriously think about if it does go sliding on its right side, the woodcraft and the motowheels sliders will do wonders for your repair bill, and they look good too.

mark

·
comrade moderator
27,023 Posts
Good Lord, you guys have some incredibly beautiful bikes! I always wonder what they'd look like after a couple days of riding up here on the grit and dust and cow shit covered roads! :eek:

Nice stuff! Thank your lucky stars for clean roads!

·
If you ain't first, you're last!
834 Posts
it looks nice with the mag color shame you have to put the plastics on and cover it now i have mag envy jeje iam going to a maching shop to see how much to make the bents on mine it looks realy nice more pic

1 - 20 of 21 Posts