Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plz post all V4 reviews, comparisons and multimedia here.

44teeth

. >:)

Can't wait for the exhaust thread.

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
I was just going to post the 44t review... it's a must watch just for the Ohlins overview. That is the most intuitive way to set up an electronics suspension i've ever seen, incredible. Is that new new or are other mfgrs doing it already and I've just not noticed?

I WANT that... Ducati now absolute needs a new super naked with that motor and these toys.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts
The extra 200cc is what does it. Tragically the new bullshit WSBK rules have killed the big twin.
Can’t wait to see how feeble the 1000r will be at 6000 rpm.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The extra 200cc is what does it. Tragically the new bullshit WSBK rules have killed the big twin.
Can’t wait to see how feeble the 1000r will be at 6000 rpm.
It will suck that there won't be twins anymore in racing.

It won't suck to see the new Ducati start winning races and push the other manufacturers to up their game.

Regarding the sound though (and I'm just going by videos, obviously), it sounds a lot like a twin. I'm not sure it sounds better than the RSV4. In the spy video where it was lapping a track, it sounded good, but it just didn't come across in the on-board videos.

·
Bon Vivant
10,199 Posts
I might be excited if I were in the market for a new track weapon but I just dont need a race bike. But, one duc engineer did mention that they were "evaluating" the V4 for a "streetfighter". I'm not sure he was supposed to spill those beans but that would be pretty darn cool and it would be pretty darn expensive too. There hasnt been a Duc I've really longed for for years but that could be it, if they dont try to tame it too much. This time I'd really watch for things like rake angle and wheelbase. I think they blew it with the first SF trying to make it too stable.

I'm so spoiled with my Tuono that I just dont want to compromise for a new Ducati. It's gotta be a major hit or I'll stick with what I have.

And yeah it sounds like a regular Pani to me, you cant even tell that its a V4. And good thing that engine bay is covered cause that thing is a mess. Might as well look like this:

·
Registered
327 Posts
I was just going to post the 44t review... it's a must watch just for the Ohlins overview. That is the most intuitive way to set up an electronics suspension i've ever seen, incredible. Is that new new or are other mfgrs doing it already and I've just not noticed?

I WANT that... Ducati now absolute needs a new super naked with that motor and these toys.
This bike sounds looks rides truly remarkable by these reports.

BUT, at what price? Eeeek!

$30,000 cdn for a new base model Pani V4. $36,000 for the middle of the road “S”. That’s stupid crazy and unfortunate. Only for the loaded it’s becoming.

They throw the V4 in a Streetfighter set up it’ll be $30,000+ for an “S” easily. I might do that but Ducati is getting crazy pricey for the big displacement bikes.

Gotta take out a second mortgage to buy a freaking Ducati

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
This bike sounds looks rides truly remarkable by these reports.

BUT, at what price? Eeeek!

$30,000 cdn for a new base model Pani V4. $36,000 for the middle of the road “S”. That’s stupid crazy and unfortunate. Only for the loaded it’s becoming.

They throw the V4 in a Streetfighter set up it’ll be $30,000+ for an “S” easily. I might do that but Ducati is getting crazy pricey for the big displacement bikes.

Gotta take out a second mortgage to buy a freaking Ducati
I hear you... and I might have some heartburn if an S streetfighter ended up much over $25k USD (with the excellent Tuono Factory coming in under $20k)... but I don't think I'd be able to resist... this new Pani looks like something special. I thought I liked the Tuono sound... but this V4 with that weird mix of Ducati twin down low with screaming v4 top end... :yeah:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Ducati has a new bike and the bike will change the marketing rules for liter bikes. I should have seen it coming with the 1299.

But I am slow to feel the excitement of the reviews of people that likely never knew how to ride a Ducati twin properly while being fascinated with the fast I4 engines and geometry. Now that Ducati has an L4 that delivers linear power w/ top end and a new front end (which suits the machine) it's high accolades. Essentially, Ducati has a 4-cylinder that everyone can ride/love b/c it is retarded powerful and allows I4 owners to run it properly when they could not run the twin?

I'll have to ride it before I can make an honest comment on the machine. Thank you Ducati for dropping the prices on all of the machines built before now.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Pani. 1285
V4. -1103
= 182
Close enough to 200

Pani. 1285
v4r -997???
=285
ah, I thought you were comparing the V4 to the expected displacement of the V4R. I think it all depends on what people prefer. I'm fine with MTS engines for touring... including the pre-DVT iterations that had more of the 1098's characteristics. I really enjoy the Aprilia V4 with its 1100cc displacement. I imagine the big Ducs will feel more like that.

I think the twin is a good touring motor, so I hope they keep it.

·
Bon Vivant
10,199 Posts
I hear you... and I might have some heartburn if an S streetfighter ended up much over $25k USD (with the excellent Tuono Factory coming in under $20k)... but I don't think I'd be able to resist... this new Pani looks like something special. I thought I liked the Tuono sound... but this V4 with that weird mix of Ducati twin down low with screaming v4 top end... :yeah:
I guess I was expecting a sound more like the DD16 or the RSV4. The new Pani V4 sound is disappointing to me and I much prefer the sound of my Aprilia. - even with the stock exhaust.

I'm not sure my life can stomach another $25,000 motorcycle but for the right one I'd try awfully hard. I doubt I have to worry though, the likelihood of a new streetfighter v4 is pretty low in my estimation and even if they do it would have to be pretty raw and Ducati, under Audi, doesn't seem to do raw any more.

Edit: I just finished watching all of the review videos and WOW! those guys were all mighty impressed. Kinda makes me want to try it. I think my track days are behind me but wow this bike sounds like it would be a new experience. I'm very impressed by the rave reviews

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
17,896 Posts
If you haven’t been to a Motogp race lately you would be shocked at how crappy the bikes sound. Arguably with the Ducati sounding the worst. Blatty, monotone, just horrible. I know they are faster now but I miss the screamers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 99 Posts