Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
my name is Phil and i ride a 1199 since about a month. (not today, it's 105 degrees again)
Have had Monsters and Aprilias in the past.

Looking forward to some nice discussion...

Phil

·
Registered
30 Posts
Im jelouse! Tell us how the ride compares to ur monster days?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
welcome to the ms forum Phil!

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Welcome :) i have the 1199 tricolore. Think i might of met u @the dealer one day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Guys, sorry for my late response, have been more active in the ducati1199.com forum lately...

to reply to some questions, the handling is not like the "mountainbike" feel on the monsters, but i am still totally amazed of the handling! I mean it is a superbike!!! The 1198S or 916 i rode in the past (friends' / testbikes) felt like railway vehicles compared to this one!

@Gunter, yes, that was me! Do you still have my business card? Shoot me a pm, let's go riding. I still have 2 mm chicken strips left, i'd need to get rid of!

Thanks for the welcome to all of you!

Phil

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Hey guys, come up to Erwin TN (not too far from Asheville)
for Ducs Head West weekend of Augus 10-12

US DESMO - Sixth Annual Ducks Head West 2012 Ducati Motorcycle Rally

headed to Barber tomorrow for 2nd track day on the pani, it IS a blast! Even if I'm only a mediocre rider!

Hi Guys, sorry for my late response, have been more active in the ducati1199.com forum lately...

to reply to some questions, the handling is not like the "mountainbike" feel on the monsters, but i am still totally amazed of the handling! I mean it is a superbike!!! The 1198S or 916 i rode in the past (friends' / testbikes) felt like railway vehicles compared to this one!

@Gunter, yes, that was me! Do you still have my business card? Shoot me a pm, let's go riding. I still have 2 mm chicken strips left, i'd need to get rid of!

Thanks for the welcome to all of you!

Phil

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
still thinking about that! but also got an invitation for a boyz out weekend at the lake with 1 trackday at AMP (thanks to tire-bundling)

too many options!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I'll be interested in hearing about AMP, as none of the bike track day groups will run it as considered unsafe.

still thinking about that! but also got an invitation for a boyz out weekend at the lake with 1 trackday at AMP (thanks to tire-bundling)

too many options!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha, unsafe? i bet it's safer than the nuerburgring.

maybe the 90 deg. right turn after up the hill, where my tires are...

i've walked around the track in march and must say it is a need setup! way more challenging than anything around i guess...

will definitely set up the go pro!

so who's in for a ride tomorrow around 11?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts