Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
winter projects finally coming together with lots of help from the forum.

new paint - thanks mouse.
custom graphics / MWR filter - thanks nic @ motowheels.
generic taillight wired with relays for signal integration - thanks tom.
rizoma reservoirs - thanks JC.

speedo chop was a cheap mod but time consuming.

not sure why these images wont embed.. here's the flickr set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157630418849830/

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Super-sweet ride. Love every bit of it. The speedo mod deserves a thread of it's own... It's superb.

And if you post in Photobucket you'll be able to embed those pics more easily

(Flickr tries to own and control you)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Very sweet ride bro! I have the same but stock, black 06 Mono, and looking for some inspiration - thanks mate! Actually, we have the same camera too Panny GF1 - go figure huh ;)

Question, the wheels look stock aluminium rims - so what tyres are you using and what's your opinion of them to date?

I'm aware of the bad rap the Phantoms get and keen to find a good alternative before laying out for some Alpina's (definitely long term, or longer term option). Thanks, Mat

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like it, but I am curious as to why you would have an SE repainted when the paint is a large part of what makes it special.

It's nice, regardless.
I knew this comment was coming, and it's well deserved.
I bought this bike as a salvage. After I rebuilt it I had the opportunity to take a cross country road trip and since it was my only roadworthy bike I decided to see if it was up for the task. after that many miles on this bike we kinda bonded.. so even though I personally prefer the simpler paint job I didn't want to sell this one and buy another. Plus the paint was completely gauged from the accident and needed new paint.

Still I completely accept the criticism.
"to each his own" I suppose.

Thanks everyone for the comments. It's nice to share the mods.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love that your mods are clean and simple. Thats everything to me. ...Did you notice a loss of midrange power when you put the boomtubes on?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love that your mods are clean and simple. Thats everything to me. ...Did you notice a loss of midrange power when you put the boomtubes on?
well, thing is i changed the gearing to 14-41 at the same time i changed the exhaust so it's tough to say. i guess my answer is that i really like the way it runs, sounds and the power delivery. of course you will always want more power.. i do at least.

on a side note i just got home from purchasing a 2001 996 with my brother (his first duc). that bike is bad ass. i think we need to drag race..

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very sweet ride bro! I have the same but stock, black 06 Mono, and looking for some inspiration - thanks mate! Actually, we have the same camera too Panny GF1 - go figure huh ;)

Question, the wheels look stock aluminium rims - so what tyres are you using and what's your opinion of them to date?

I'm aware of the bad rap the Phantoms get and keen to find a good alternative before laying out for some Alpina's (definitely long term, or longer term option). Thanks, Mat
yeah, the GF1 rocks! totally love that camera.

my tires are Metzeler Sportec M3 (180/55/ZR17 REAR, 120/70ZR17 FRONT). I've been running these since I had a CBR600RR and like them alot. sticky rubber, good wear and simple tread design.

good luck with the Alpinas. some day i'd like to mount a pair of those or Kineos.

london dutch - thanks for the photobucket tip.
everyone else - thanks for the positive feedback!

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I knew this comment was coming, and it's well deserved.
I bought this bike as a salvage. After I rebuilt it I had the opportunity to take a cross country road trip and since it was my only roadworthy bike I decided to see if it was up for the task. after that many miles on this bike we kinda bonded.. so even though I personally prefer the simpler paint job I didn't want to sell this one and buy another. Plus the paint was completely gauged from the accident and needed new paint.

Still I completely accept the criticism.
"to each his own" I suppose.

Thanks everyone for the comments. It's nice to share the mods.
You should do a separate post on the clock mod. It would be a popular read.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Digging the clocks for sure. BTW, did anyone ever figure out the pricing on the carbon clock housing Robsy put on his?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.