Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an '09 gt1000 touring yesterday (coming from a 2008 Triumph Bonneville t100)- and wanted to say hello to all from L.A...
Really looking forward to learning about your experiences and being a part of the community!
:)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Welcome.

too bad the weather isn't up to par for you to enjoy your newly acquired ride...

see you at the shell station (bottom of the crest) when the weather comes back...

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Congrats.

I am lucky to also own a superbike, so my GT is setup less sporty and more dedicated for light touring.

In the North East I find a rear hugger and front fender extension help to keep the bike clean. I personally like the GT with less stuff on it....but after using it for day trips, the storage and wind protection make the experience better so I put up with the "Harley-esk" look it has now.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Welcome. Looking forward to catching a ride and meeting up sometime. There are many SC/GT owners in and around L.A. - you shouldn't have a problem finding a group to ride and mesh with.

Coming form the Triumph you are going to love your GT - Congrats!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone!
Yeah the weather is a bit of a bummer- and now it's looking like the weekend is shot as well. Very tempted to take it out anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts