Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just called Fay Meyers to check on my fuel gauge repair and they are waiting on parts but I was also told one of the parts is a coolant hose related to a recall. I have not received or heard of a recall on the coolant hose. Just tossing it out there for others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am about to take delivery of my 2017 MTS 1200S, which I had to wait on because there is indeed a coolant hose recall but its not a Federal recall. They are saying it's part of a "service bulletin" that came down from Ducati corporate on all MTS of the current generation. /shrug

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, just got this email this morning...

"We would like to inform you that your Multistrada 1200 Enduro in need of preventative service.

This service involves replacement of the water hose within the engine’s cooling system. This service is precautionary; it is intended to prevent potential damage to the hose and subsequent coolant leakage, under certain usage conditions of the vehicle.

This service is completely free of charge; as such we ask that you schedule a service appointment with your trusted Ducati Service Center soon. At this same service visit, your Ducati Service Center will also check for other necessary service updates that might be pending on your motorcycle. This ensures we maintain your motorcycle within Ducati’s optimal performance specifications."

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone tried to fix the fuel sender? I found a YT video of a guy claiming the solder joints have to be re-soldered, then it works again. He drilled out the potting material in order to get to the bolts to disassemble it. Apparently the float triggers sensors along a slider which in turn relay info. to the display, the solder joints at the sensors eventually break from vibration.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts