Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice. Looks familiar lol. I was thinking about putting the wilds on but may go with the Pirelli after your view of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Nice. Looks familiar lol. I was thinking about putting the wilds on but may go with the Pirelli after your view of them.

I just ran another 200 miles over Ortega and surrounding roads and the Perelli Rally's were amazing. Highly suggest these over the Anakee for the road. Cornering is limited to about 45degrees as the edge of the knobbies is easy to hit. I will post comments as soon as I hit dirt. Anakee's in the dirt were great!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #123 (Edited)
Clearly, I can't spell pirelli correctly, but ran a few more miles and found these to be excellent tires. Set for the adventure rally in the Sierra's in a few weeks. I am sure to piss of a few BMW riders?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Finished 6,000 miles now (1,500 on Pirellis) and loving the rally rubber. Better on the road than the Anakee Wilds and just as good in the dirt! I ran up a rough trail with 40lbs in the tires and went fine, yes better at 29lbs.

The whine from the tires is noticable and the cornering is a little limited, but I can live with both for the great feel on the dirt and the touring ability. They won't last as long as the
heidenau Tires, but I won't be sliding around in the sand and mud like my riding partner.
PS. I wonder if I will have more miles than the #Globtrotter90 riders soon?

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
I can't say i roll over to the edge of the tires or scrape pegs on the Pirellis Rally rubber but I can lean 40degrees without loosing any grip and pass most others in the twisties. Great tire for the dirt and the road. Now over 6,000 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello,
It has been a long time since my last post. I use to ride a 2012 PP Multistrada, sold it and now I am a new owner of a red Enduro. I am more than happy with the bike, I am from Mexico City and it is the perfect bike for the kind of roads we have here, where you can have potholes, and very bad pavement or broken roads.
I have already done 5000 kms and my only complain is that from 50 mph there is a whistling noise (air noise) coming from the front, I have not been able to confirm where is it coming from exactly, it is annoying especially on long trips. Any feedbak would be apreciate.
It is nice to be back lerning and reading at this forum.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had my new 2017 Red Multi Enduro with factory installed touring pack for a about a week and a half now. I traded my 2012 PP in on it. I'm happy to say I got the motorcycle I've always wanted. I love this motorcycle. I will submit a ride review once I ride past the break-in.
My 400 mile quick review:
True touring off road machine (not a full on sport bike with a handlebar like my 2012 PP)
Turns in and holds lines with greater ease and stability (my PP would get spongee in turns when ridden hard) (well documented in reviews) The new bike has the Sachs semi active suspension which is just awesome. The same speed bumps with old bike and new bike are a night and day difference. Endure wins hands down even though my 2012 was awesome.
Engine is smoother, better wind protection, better seat, way better bags, way better tires, better dash, amazing cruise control, heated grips, great fuel capacity, awesome exhaust note.
Negatives: Full of gas, the weight during very slow maneuvering is noticeable and can be awkward at times. Navigating the dash menu has a learning curve but not too bad. Motorcycle is very tall. Leg drop is good but not as good as my PP. Knees are bent slightly more.
I realize most of this stuff has been said before so I will try to hit on nuances not so previously discussed in my full review at a later time.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211019188021535&set=a.2019859662023.124603.1409863608&type=3

·
Premium Member
3,372 Posts
The bike that even KTM is trying to beat.. MSD Enduro!

Reviews are saying it's better than both (as well as the GSA)... of course reviews are like @$$holes, every manufacturer will have one they can point to that says they're the best. It DOES appear however that it's delivered top of class offroad capability.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm loving this motorcycle. Shoots down the highway. Wide linear powerband bearing in mind no powerband is perfect. Engine has awesome character and power. Suspension is the best I've ever experienced.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
If I stayed on roads I would be ok with the suspension. But I weigh 200 and then add camping gear, food, etc. It was a bit much for her on the white rim and I will be upgrading the springs once winter sets in. Otherwise, amazing and just ate up the dirt. It didn't feel like a big adventure bike at all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just picked up my Multi Enduro last weekend!
Coming off a Base '11 & '14 Multi's
A few observations & questions;
Engine: The dual plug '14 was a big improvement over the '11. The new DVT is pretty good but seems to have a turbo lag. Seems like the oil pressure has to build up to move the cams, although I think it's probably the lean emissions fueling. This '16 is way better than '15 DVT I demo'ed when they first came out. Which leads to the fuel mileage & again the '14 was much better than the '11 & good for nearly 200 miles averaging around 40+MPG. The '16 is only averaging about 35MPG, although I only have 200 miles on the new bike. Hopefully this all improves once broken-in.

Handling: Bike is big but once under way you really don't notice the size. Really notice size/weight when rolling around garage. Sure is a bear to put on centerstand. It has the stock Scorpion Trail II's, which I had on my '14 also. These tires work pretty good for the type of tire. Bike is stable & rails the corners pretty good. The real test will be time comparisons (Base '14-'16 Enduro) @ the Mt. Ascutey Hillclimb later this year.

Suspension: First Multi with electronic adjustability/skyhook. Haven't spent much time with the settings but noticed in default settings that when in "Touring" & "Urban" mode at a stop light rear susp. has like no damping (pogo stick). Yet once moving seems ok. Is this normal?

Electronics: Big Improvement over the older ones. The Wheelie control though? Seems 1 is too intrusive, yet off is scary! Definitely notice the taller first gear & overall gearing. Throttle control in first is like a rheostat to the front wheel with DWC off! Cruise will be a joy. The Bluetooth? I haven't even read the manual on it yet.

Heated grips I've noticed are weak compared to the older ones.

Bags are huge! one of the things I really like for week long trips, but are overkill for the weekend.

Has anyone tried mounting the OEM plastic "Givi" bags? The rear frame & places were the peg mounts go look to be the same. Some of the Part#'s for frame & passenger pegs are the same.

Also has anyone installed a rear rack other than the Ducati one with Touratech trunk? Looks like SW-Motech makes one, but I seen reviews where they say the panniers hit when opening. They also make one for the DVT that looks similar & the passenger grab rails look to be same between bikes.
Ducati makes one too, but lists it as fitting the DVT only
Part#96780611A
Just looking for a rack to mount a tail bag & little trunk sometimes.

Overall I'm really happy with it so far & time will tell. Can't wait for the nicer weather to hit the Northeast area.
Thanks in advance for any input & hope everyone is enjoying their Enduro's also!

Here's a couple of pix
The '14 is in the background

·
Registered
166 Posts
I haven't even ridden mine with the luggage on it.

I did 1200km this weekend.

More than pleased with the bike. Yesterday I put the multi in the Multistrada, poor thing saw rain, snow, leaves, dirt, even rode over a partially cleared landslide (note to self: be wary about going on rides with guys in KTM 1190s and GSAs, they crazy). I continue to be impressed with her because a bike that big really has no business being as agile as it is.

My only complaint is that its a lot of work, the throttle is stiff, the clutch is stiffer, and after 600km of Japanese touges (if you have ever seen these goat trails) my hands and upper back are frigging jacked today. That is likely a personal issue.

Still haven't tweeked the suspension (no SCU likely order that this week)

I literally haven't gotten off the thing long enough to figure out the computer.....I still need to set the clock

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did it in one day ~4 hours. Heading out this month with some guys to do it again and we will probably camp and go a bit slower. They are on DRZ's

·
Registered
3 Posts
The bike that even KTM is trying to beat.. MSD Enduro!

KTM has a some work to do. I had a KTM 1290SA and the suspension was good, and the motor incredible. It left me stranded twice with fuel pump/filter issues. Covered under warranty, but it was a new bike...

Where Ducati MS Enduro shines is suspension. It takes lots of time to dial it in in each riding mode, as well as load setting. I know that no one in the industry who does testing is going to take that much time to set the bike up. Their loss and not an accurate representation of the bike. Take the time, set up the suspension, learn what works, and this bike is magical, the weight (there is a lot of it) seems to disappear. It is still a huge motorcycle to be sure, but it truly is an amazing machine. I have owned a BMW GSA as well, great bike, very competent as well, but not the grin fest the Enduro is...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just called Fay Meyers to check on my fuel gauge repair and they are waiting on parts but I was also told one of the parts is a coolant hose related to a recall. I have not received or heard of a recall on the coolant hose. Just tossing it out there for others.

121 - 140 of 146 Posts