Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
North Carolina, USA
3,293 Posts
Rocking the bike forward in 1st whilst finding neutral will help if you are stopped.

Best bet is to get in neutral when coasting to a stop.
Feathering the clutch a bit at stops will also find neutral.

I'm also guilty of sometimes shifting into neutral while slowing for a stop in traffic, even though MSF says not to do it. I do at least check my sixes as soon as I am stopped.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Another Multistrada Enduro

Picked mine up today!! Love it over my GS. Enduro pack is on order. All the bikes I saw in Canada with the touring pack came with three bar bag. Apparently not ink the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Picked mine up today!! Love it over my GS. Enduro pack is on order. All the bikes I saw in Canada with the touring pack came with three bar bag. Apparently not ink the US.

The touring pack includes the bar bag. Your dealer should have given it to you. Mine wasn't on the bars, it was in one of the side bags.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Again Everyone. Here is an update on some factory installs

Helo all,

As promised I said I would post some updated pics once the parts arrived and I had them installed for you all to see.

Attached are the pictures I took of the LED Fog Light Installed, GPS Installed (on Navihalter from Germany), Electronic Fuel Cap Installed. I do not have the full factory racing exhaust yet. Its on Back-Order from Italy my dealer is telling me. Not supposed to ship till September!! Damn I hate waiting!!

Nonetheless here are the updated pics for you all.

I absolutely LOVE this bike!! It is so incredible I simply love everything about it!! Enjoy!!

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone with the top case want to post a few pictures of the bike without the box so I can see the mounts? I'm really curious how the bike looks without the box mounted. I had the top box on my old 2013 but the rear mounting plate was plastic.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
327 Posts
*Disclaimer* I will not sell my hyper 1100 evo sp... I will not sell my Hyper.... ohhhh ahhhh, MTS Enduro... I may sell my... Jeep?>:) lol. Great pictures, Still trying to find a demo around these parts to take for a cruise. This is what I wanted my 13 Pikes Peak to be and am so glad they built this model!! I have stayed away from the forum so I wouldn't keep venturing into the Multi section for the sake of my bank account... I made that mistake once already haha. I imagine a red one of these will be in my garage when leftover deals come around unless my local dealer can bribe me by other means. I could trade in my hyper and make it happen now but I told myself I'd never sell the hyper. Seems like a lot of the guys coming from the old multi really dig this thing and other than initial turn in, are having very few complaints about their ability to cruise quickly in the twisties. I know this is a lot to ask for but... how about some more pictures :x

-Future Enduro Owner :wink2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got on the bike this morning and puttered out to the highway. On the highway, I got on it a little bit and I heard kind of a pop sound twice. Parked the bike about 10 am and it wouldn't start at 10 pm. Low battery warning light is on. Enough juice to pull up the instrument panel but just clicks when I hit the start button.

What should I look toward for the main problem? If I forgot to hit the off switch, I think I read that there is a safety feature that shuts everything down so I'm thinking this shouldn't have happened. Ideas are welcomed.

Ryan

·
Registered
39 Posts
Was the off switch in the proper position when you shut it down, is anything plugged into a accessory ports, did you hit the lock key and shut off the display?

The popping while riding is odd. Have you had the first service and the update? If your trip meter resets after every off you haven't received the update yet. Mine seems to have better throttle response after it. Mine also started a bit slow but appears to be a bit quicker to catch after also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Was the off switch in the proper position when you shut it down, is anything plugged into a accessory ports, did you hit the lock key and shut off the display?

The popping while riding is odd. Have you had the first service and the update? If your trip meter resets after every off you haven't received the update yet. Mine seems to have better throttle response after it. Mine also started a bit slow but appears to be a bit quicker to catch after also.

I have 300 miles on the bike, so I haven't made it in for the first service. It almost seems like the alternator went bad, but again this is my first Duc.

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
143 Posts
You have to keep the key at least 20-30 feet from the bike for the keyless sensor to stop working...your key will die early 2-3 weeks.

The key being next to the bike also might stop it turning off...but not sure.

My 2c.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have 300 miles on the bike, so I haven't made it in for the first service. It almost seems like the alternator went bad, but again this is my first Duc.

Thanks,

Ryan

Go to the info screen while it is running and you will see the volts coming from the alternator.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pulled the battery today and took it down to the local parts store and had it tested. Sure enough, a dead cell.

Called Ducati of Omaha, the service guy said with regret, Ducati will only warranty a battery for 30 days. (My bike is 45 days old with 300 miles) I told the service manager that I want to talk to the Ducati Warranty Rep.. I've never had a new vehicle of any type that limited their battery warranty for only 30 days!! Most are 2 years!!
So, when taking out the battery, there is a plastic arm that unbolts from one side and is hinged on the right side. Well the threads were stripped on the bolt from the factory and I had to actually saw the plastic arm in two and then remove the battery. The service manager said that he would cover the $4 plastic arm, but I had to pay $110 for a new Interstate Battery.

Ryan

·
Registered
46 Posts
Pulled the battery today and took it down to the local parts store and had it tested. Sure enough, a dead cell.

Called Ducati of Omaha, the service guy said with regret, Ducati will only warranty a battery for 30 days. (My bike is 45 days old with 300 miles) I told the service manager that I want to talk to the Ducati Warranty Rep.. I've never had a new vehicle of any type that limited their battery warranty for only 30 days!! Most are 2 years!!
So, when taking out the battery, there is a plastic arm that unbolts from one side and is hinged on the right side. Well the threads were stripped on the bolt from the factory and I had to actually saw the plastic arm in two and then remove the battery. The service manager said that he would cover the $4 plastic arm, but I had to pay $110 for a new Interstate Battery.

Ryan
Wow! Sucks that they won't cover the battery. Especially if it has a bad cell.

I'm still having issues starting my bike. When cold she takes 3-5 tries of 4-5 sec duration each time. Guess I'll have to take a video to show the dealer. IMO it should start on at least the second try and then not die after a few seconds. Also the bike will run like crap for another 10 secs until cylinders clear out... Fueling/throttle is off too until engine is fully warmed up. Kinda feels like how some bikes run when your on the low end of fuel reserve. Rode a "16" demo S model and and it had no problems like this.:confused:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Ran another 2,500 miles to the hills over Colorado via four corners to Taylor Park Reservoir and Cottonwood pass. (5,300 so far)

Heavy rain and hail, the oem Perelli Trail II's were perfect on both the highway and the hardpack dirt roads. Very solid in the rain!

That is 2,500 miles on the new Anakee Wild's rubber and the same on the Trail II's. Just mounted the Perelli Scorpion Rally knobbies for the next run to the Sierra's.

So far, the Perelli's are smoother on the highway than the Anakee Wild's and handle higher speeds. (Max 95 on the Michelins, 100+ on the Perelli's) You can see the center of each tire is different in the pics.

Cornering is smoother in transitions and feels grippier than the Michelins. We will see after the first 100miles or so.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 146 Posts