Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
What RAM Mount system do you use? The one that is attached to the handlebar or one that is mounted on the handlebar clamp? Picking up mine this week at Ducati Bellevue and will probably have the same problem. Added the full Termignonis, but apparently these will only be shipped in July...
Handlebar mounts. See if I can attach pics. I really like the water proof handlebar bag. In the second pic you can see the line-x on the side panels which will help with the next time it goes down off road. The anodized aluminum scratches very easily. I found.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Having a blast on my Multistrada Enduro, luckily I have a 3D printer so made my own holder for my Samsung GS7E, works perfectly for nav or Spotify or whatever, my nav (free) even covers all the logging roads and even some single track :grin2: gotta love that...

Has anyone had any issues with the pin unlock code defaulting to the 0000? no matter how many times I change the default pin code it reverts back to the default 0000, sometimes it keeps the change for one, two or three attempts but then reverts back to default, pretty scary having a bike that anyone can jump on and ride away :surprise:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Handlebar mounts. See if I can attach pics. I really like the water proof handlebar bag. In the second pic you can see the line-x on the side panels which will help with the next time it goes down off road. The anodized aluminum scratches very easily. I found.
What is line-x

·
Registered
419 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with the pin unlock code defaulting to the 0000? no matter how many times I change the default pin code it reverts back to the default 0000, sometimes it keeps the change for one, two or three attempts but then reverts back to default, pretty scary having a bike that anyone can jump on and ride away :surprise:
Glad you are enjoying your bike! What's your address again?

(just kidding)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I saw this mentioned in another thread (cant seem to find it again) that the Touratech accessories (e.g., gas jug,..) for the outside of the Panniers will not fit our bikes. I spent some time on the phone with Touratech and it turns of the Zega Pro 2 accessories have the correct 4 hole pattern.....but...at the top of the holder there is a piece that fits under the latches on the Zega Pro to hold them in place and stop people from stealing them (see pic below).

Ducati Panniers have different latches (as they wanted them to work with the ignition key) so the brackets wont work unless you cut that tab off. The other challenge is the Touratech USA doesn't import the Zega Pro 2 or the accessories so you would have to buy them from Touratech Germany.

Hopefully Touratech (via Ducati Dealers) will have accessories for our bikes available soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
This bike is a blast to ride! I ordered the touring and enduro packs along with the rear luggage rack. The bags are very well made. The enduro pack isn't available yet...hope to have it installed at 600 mile check. The luggage rack was problematic...no instructions and wrong hardware...The dealer persisted and got it installed. I also bought the extended warratny...bringing it to 5 years.

My only concern is a high pitched whistling noise between 30 and 60 mph. I didn't hear this on the two demo rides I took on two different bikes. Has anyone else experienced this. It is painful to listen to...I was riding with a half helmet so it was very noticable.
I just rode with an AGV dirt helmet and the wind at 65 mph is rediculous. I usually have my schuberth on. With Anakee's whistle like mad. I did not notice any whistle with the street rubber, so I have to credit the whistle to the rubber. I may look into spacers for this wind screen to push the wind up higher. Aztec.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Another Multistrada Enduro

I picked up my Enduro this weekend. I got the Phantom Grey with the touring pack. There seem to be a lot of people hungry for real world impressions so I figured I would throw in my 2 cents. My last bike was a 2013 Multi touring. I loved that bike. I had ridden sport bikes all my life and the 2013 was my first more relaxed position bike. With the awesome motor and suspension, the Multi allowed me to ride fast and comfortable! Unfortunately on April 1st I was rear ended by a hit and run driver on the freeway and the 2013 was destroyed. I went over the bars at 65+mph. Fortunately I wasn’t run over by anyone once I landed in the lane and ended up with only a few bruises.

Would I have bought the Enduro if I hadn’t lost my 2013? Probably not. I was really happy with my 2013 and generally keep bikes for a number of years. My 2013 was reliable and in great shape. I made several long road trips a year, weekend rides….the only real weakness in the 2013 was in the offroad area. I only took it off road once…a partially snow covered muddy road. It made it through but it didn’t like doing it. I also ride a KTM 530, so I know what a bike that like dirt feels like. So when the time came to start shopping for the next bike, the standard Multi and the Enduro were at the top of the list. Ultimately my decision was made after the test ride of the Enduro. I took the Enduro out on some twisty roads in the area and was pleased to see that I could comfortably push the bike around the turns as fast as I wanted. Sold. I had read reviews saying that with the 19” front wheel and the weight it lost a step on the road. It felt pretty good to me so I got on the list for the next one in.

Let me say this about some of the reviews. I bet many of the journalists take the bike out as handed to them with no adjustments. I can tell you the settings as delivered from the factory are very soft and squishy. I can’t stress this enough – set the sag for your weight. I cranked up the preload both front and rear, setting my sag to about 30%. I’m 6’2” and 230 pounds. I have long legs and can sit on the bike flat footed with my knees bent a little bit. With the suspension in sport “harder” I hit some of my favorite twisties and came away with a smile. Once you are moving the bike hides its weight well. Does the 19” front wheel slow down the steering? I’m a pretty big guy and the bars are wide, so I didn’t really notice it fighting me in the turns. This bike is surprisingly nimble for its size. Pushing the bike around the garage or putting it on the centerstand is when you can feel the weight of the full 7.9 gallon tank.

The motor is really smooth and has a ton of grunt down low. The lower gears really help it start moving from a stop. The brakes are powerful but not grabby. I need to get some more miles before I decide on the seat. I had a Sargent on the 2013 and it was one of the best mods I ever made. In the city going from red light to red light your legs will get hot. When the fans turn on your inner thighs – especially the left side – gets crazy hot. Once things get moving the heat isn’t that bad, but sitting in city traffic sucks. I like the dash but with I could adjust the brightness down a notch at night. The luggage is top notch. The frames that hold it are really well made that the bag mounting is really slick. The cruise control is a really nice touch.
I might add the crashbars down the road, but I’m kinda waiting to see what the aftermarket brings. Maybe I’ll sell the parts I have left from my 2013 (side bags, seat, stock exhaust…) to fund some upgrades.

Hope this helps anyone considering this new machine.

Jim

·
Registered
114 Posts
Totally agree with you, Jim!
I picked up my red one last week Thursday and went on a 450miles trip on Sunday (Mt St Helens from Seattle). I traded in my '12 Pikes Peak, and the difference between the 2 bikes is massive (in the positive way for the Enduro). Riding comfort is fantastic, cruise control ends up very cool (was not a big fan BEFORE I used it), at high speeds the bike is stable as a train on rails (also in fast corners), gas mileage is way better than my PP, 8 gallon tank reduces stress levels dramatically, the smoothness of the DVT is impressive. AND the bike looks gorgeous.
Ducati Bellevue ordered all models with Touring pack, I added Urban and Enduro pack. Full Termignoni is ordered but will only be available in July.
So happy that I took the decision to make the switch!
#ForzaDucati
Filip

·
Registered
73 Posts
I pick my Green Enduro up on Saturday. I got the touring pack, top case, and the Termi slip-on. Knobbies too!!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the feedback on your new bike. I have been contemplating swapping my 13' Multi PP for a new Multi Enduro. I used to have a BMW HP2 Enduro and my PP that would span both my road and off-road needs but recently sold my HP2 and crated a void. I think the Enduro could "kill two birds with one stone" so to speak. The bike intrigues me that's for sure. Please report back as you learn more about your new baby.
Ride in good health and enjoy.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
As the title suggests........discuss and show off your Multistrada Enduro here!

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
From Doubleoh9

I picked up my Enduro this weekend. I got the Phantom Grey with the touring pack. There seem to be a lot of people hungry for real world impressions so I figured I would throw in my 2 cents. My last bike was a 2013 Multi touring. I loved that bike. I had ridden sport bikes all my life and the 2013 was my first more relaxed position bike. With the awesome motor and suspension, the Multi allowed me to ride fast and comfortable! Unfortunately on April 1st I was rear ended by a hit and run driver on the freeway and the 2013 was destroyed. I went over the bars at 65+mph. Fortunately I wasn’t run over by anyone once I landed in the lane and ended up with only a few bruises.

Would I have bought the Enduro if I hadn’t lost my 2013? Probably not. I was really happy with my 2013 and generally keep bikes for a number of years. My 2013 was reliable and in great shape. I made several long road trips a year, weekend rides….the only real weakness in the 2013 was in the offroad area. I only took it off road once…a partially snow covered muddy road. It made it through but it didn’t like doing it. I also ride a KTM 530, so I know what a bike that like dirt feels like. So when the time came to start shopping for the next bike, the standard Multi and the Enduro were at the top of the list. Ultimately my decision was made after the test ride of the Enduro. I took the Enduro out on some twisty roads in the area and was pleased to see that I could comfortably push the bike around the turns as fast as I wanted. Sold. I had read reviews saying that with the 19” front wheel and the weight it lost a step on the road. It felt pretty good to me so I got on the list for the next one in.

Let me say this about some of the reviews. I bet many of the journalists take the bike out as handed to them with no adjustments. I can tell you the settings as delivered from the factory are very soft and squishy. I can’t stress this enough – set the sag for your weight. I cranked up the preload both front and rear, setting my sag to about 30%. I’m 6’2” and 230 pounds. I have long legs and can sit on the bike flat footed with my knees bent a little bit. With the suspension in sport “harder” I hit some of my favorite twisties and came away with a smile. Once you are moving the bike hides its weight well. Does the 19” front wheel slow down the steering? I’m a pretty big guy and the bars are wide, so I didn’t really notice it fighting me in the turns. This bike is surprisingly nimble for its size. Pushing the bike around the garage or putting it on the centerstand is when you can feel the weight of the full 7.9 gallon tank.

The motor is really smooth and has a ton of grunt down low. The lower gears really help it start moving from a stop. The brakes are powerful but not grabby. I need to get some more miles before I decide on the seat. I had a Sargent on the 2013 and it was one of the best mods I ever made. In the city going from red light to red light your legs will get hot. When the fans turn on your inner thighs – especially the left side – gets crazy hot. Once things get moving the heat isn’t that bad, but sitting in city traffic sucks. I like the dash but with I could adjust the brightness down a notch at night. The luggage is top notch. The frames that hold it are really well made that the bag mounting is really slick. The cruise control is a really nice touch.
I might add the crashbars down the road, but I’m kinda waiting to see what the aftermarket brings. Maybe I’ll sell the parts I have left from my 2013 (side bags, seat, stock exhaust…) to fund some upgrades.

Hope this helps anyone considering this new machine.

Jim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here are a few pictures to go with my review. Loving the new bike more and more each day. I do have the "trip resets every time I turn it off" thing...but that should get fixed when I have a chance to take it in. I'm amazed how well this thing goes through the turns. All the reviews I read leading up to me getting mine had me convinced I would be missing my 2013 Multi a little. Nope.

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
New Multistrada Enduro

100 miles this morning. What a amazing bike. Truly a Swiss army knife. Sportbike crossed with a Dirtbike crossed with a touring bike.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Best bike I've owned! The improvements vs the '12 Multi PP are massive: smoothness of DVT engine, comfort level, rear brake, gas mileage and range! And the look is a bonus!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have had my Multi for 2 weeks. What a difference compared to my 07 RT. I haven't taken it over 6k yet but the torque is amazing. I like the lighter feel and more airflow on a hot day. I'm not so enthralled with the engine heat but I guess that's the price for the power. The first day I had it I put hush mat under the seat and now that stays cool. Over all an amazing bike to complement my RT.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 146 Posts