Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finished first 200 miles and felt ready to hit a few twisties on Ortega hwy in CA, the last few miles were in the rain. The front end is noticeably lighter than my pikes peak (you can push it around in a corner at speed) and the bike (trail) feels longer as you move around the for corners.
Big wind protection behind the tank is a bit of a surprise when you hang out in a corner. Having said that, it leans easily and I found myself right back at speed and passing cars and bikes in the corners. (Oem tyres are good with plenty of feel and confidence)
Cornering abs has a good feel (all new to me) and the rear break is strong and integrates with the front without grabbing.
The wind hits this bike hard and is very noticable compared to the Pikes Peak or other smaller sports bikes, but I guess it is expected, I am just not used to wind pushing me around this much. (It was a stormy day, and I hit some high speeds) Maybe the huge panniers are the reason. It is like sailing a boat when it is windy.
Over all, this is the best bike I have had for touring and every other road condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
My local Dealer had some special group demo rides on the weekend (he knows me as I have a 13 Pikes Peak). So he invited me down to go out a the ride upon the Multi Enduro. I could not resist, so I had to do it. It had the Panniers on it when I got there, but I had heard that there non aero-dynamic nature is like a huge sail behind the bike. So we took them off for the ride.

I had not ridden the DVT before, on top of that the lower gearing make it much more punchy down low. Brakes were great, Cruise control works well. I was quite stable at speed on the freeway (more stable than the PP) but remember I did not have the Panniers on there. Its a big bike, footpeg to seat distance was not enough for me (I am 6'5" and 275lbs), so I would have to put on the higher 890mm seat and take out the footpeg rubbers. For big guys over 6" and over 230lbs, this will be a much more comfortable bike for you than then standard Multi (I dont like the 2015 standard multi as its smaller than the 2013 model and more cramped).

·
Hammer Down
1,593 Posts
Good looking bike and congrats! I'd say being blown around is such is related to the panniers on the back. I keep the top case on my GT but when I add the side backs and load them down with luggage not only is the wind felt more, having the extra weight near the back of the bike changes the handling/ride characteristics enough that I have to remember they're back there or I can get myself in trouble.

My bags were so heavy coming back from ECM the rear sat on the ground rather than the front when on the center stand.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good looking bike and congrats! I'd say being blown around is such is related to the panniers on the back. I keep the top case on my GT but when I add the side backs and load them down with luggage not only is the wind felt more, having the extra weight near the back of the bike changes the handling/ride characteristics enough that I have to remember they're back there or I can get myself in trouble.

My bags were so heavy coming back from ECM the rear sat on the ground rather than the front when on the center stand.

Maybe I will run it without the panniers and see how different it is. I agree, the regular Multi feels smaller and the weight always pulls up the front on the center stand.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Started light dirt yesterday, now that I am at 500 miles, but before I add the enduro bits (crash bars) and Anakee Wild tyres I did not challenge the bike much. Just getting my "dirt legs" back.
Bike has great balance under your feet. Feels very responsive to shifting weight, much more nimble than the GSA I trained on at Rawhyde. Seems a bit more intuative and you feel less low slung weight as you turn. Also, less abrupt weight transfers than the GSA even with a full 30l tank of gas.
I leave for Arizona Friday to test at the Overland Expo where I will be pushing through sand and varoius test tracks set up by RawHyde. I hope to have all the bits and tyres on and will post my two cents as I collect them.
WildSide1

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Started light dirt yesterday, now that I am at 500 miles, but before I add the enduro bits (crash bars) and Anakee Wild tyres I did not challenge the bike much. Just getting my "dirt legs" back.
Bike has great balance under your feet. Feels very responsive to shifting weight, much more nimble than the GSA I trained on at Rawhyde. Seems a bit more intuative and you feel less low slung weight as you turn. Also, less abrupt weight transfers than the GSA even with a full 30l tank of gas.
I leave for Arizona Friday to test at the Overland Expo where I will be pushing through sand and varoius test tracks set up by RawHyde. I hope to have all the bits and tyres on and will post my two cents as I collect them.
WildSide1
Can I know your height?
The high CG reported by a few riders really get my concern
I'm 6ft1, still waiting for local dealer to have the demo bike

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WildSide1
Can I know your height?
The high CG reported by a few riders really get my concern
I'm 6ft1, still waiting for local dealer to have the demo bike
I am 6' 195 with a 32" inseam. I am able to reach the ground in my boots on the road, but toes in anything else. In Sport and Touring.
Bike is lower in Enduro and easier.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anakee Wilds on Wednesday

Prepping for AZ trip Friday.
I will have the bike shod with the new Anakee Wilds and hope the enduro kit I ordered will be in by then.
Will post pictures as soon as they are on.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Prepping for AZ trip Friday.
I will have the bike shod with the new Anakee Wilds and hope the enduro kit I ordered will be in by then.
Will post pictures as soon as they are on.
Wilds mounted. Overland Expo West is next.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 146 Posts