Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 321 Posts

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Straight from the dealership to my favorite riding roads.....Thanks Pro Italia! ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Late post for a new owner.

This PIC is from the moment I decided to pick her up. I had just finished a DEMO on a '14 MTS and I was hooked. She was a DEMO with just over a 1k miles and I've put a couple or more since then. First ride other than home was to MotoGP in Austin that weekend. First thing to go was the CAT, thanks to Arrow. Texas Hill Country riding is a hell of a lot more enjoyable meow. Thanks Ducati of Austin.

Attachments

·
Anders in Vancouver BC
193 Posts
My face hurts from grinning so much. I only used urban mode on the way home, kept things mellow since those tires are nowhere near scrubbed in enough.

I posted some pic's already in the Multi-photo thread. So here are the couple I didn't post there :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Very nice Abeer, and for the weekend may i suggest SPORT mode

·
Ultimate consumer
29 Posts
Another new 2014 MTS S touring

Hi all

Been reading and searching in here alot of late... and despite having been a member in here for a couple of years, today finally bit the bullet and bought a 2014 Multistrada S Touring :)

I already have a Diavel in the garage.... but with the high km on it (55000km in 2 yrs) didn't try and trade it in.... so at least for a while I'll have the two bikes to decide which one gets a ride each day.

Grabbed a Multistrada as between scrapping the headers of my Termi on the Diavel, doing fairly decent km anyway... and mixing my riding up completely was keen for something that was going to get me through the tighter stuff as well as offer longer ride options.

Love my Kriega gear but touring with only soft luggage does get a bit tiresome having to virtually repack everything each day.

Despite a local promo here of offering the "GT pack" for the S Touring, I decided to just keep the S Touring as is, but added in the Top Box.

Was a bit disappointed at the DP tank protection for the top (they didn't have side ones in stock) so I will need to work out a tank protection solution fairly quickly.

I think I will be ordering a Puig shorty (dark smoke) screen tonight... as I've been reading lots in here the last week.

GPS is probably high on the list of things to get, as are some sort of pannier / top box liners.

WOOHOO
Hope to pick it up in the morning as a group of friends and I are going playing this weekend up in Kangaroo Valley and Mac Pass (for those Aussies in here that know the area. I want to take my Strudel now not my Diavel of course!

Attachments

·
Ultimate consumer
29 Posts
forgot to add...

any other tips most welcome!

Either mods to make or accessories that are must have or to avoid...
frame plugs
tail tidy options
removing that huge ugly rear mud guard thing
any good tank protection (top and sides)...
which seat you are using (I think I'm 5'8" or 5'9" but must have short legs :)
short screen choice...
my decision not to get fog lights, engine bars and the GT screen

and ahhh having a choice of tyres again :)

Look forward to getting out there... and hope I can contribute something in here in the not to distant future!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got my white 2013 sport model 2days ago.She only had 1826km on her and was left to rot at home by the previous owner.So i traded my tiger roadie for her.Oh and she came with BLUE RIMS.:yeah:

·
Anders in Vancouver BC
193 Posts
Wow, the blue magnesium rims work nice with the white paint scheme! Sweet ride!

What top case is that btw? It's not the Ducati one is it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My new-to-me MTS 1200S - 2010

I already have a 1000ds but when I saw her I could not resist her. :) Now I just have to set her up for this years first trackday. This is going to be a great summer. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey everyone!! My name is Bryan and I just picked up a Multi 1200S. Loving it. My previous bike was a 696. I'm also the Vice President of PennDESMO, the PA Ducati Owners Club. Feel free to drop me a line or say hi!

41 - 60 of 321 Posts