The white switch on top.
Normally you press once for low, then medium and hi, press again for off

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk
Does it show on the dash as well? I think it did on tbe 2014 multi

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
First you need heated grips actually installed on the bike, I believe only touring models comes with them from factory.

Once the grips are installed the tech needs to activate in the software.

A grip icon will appear in top right of dash.

Had them installed on my Enduro as aftermarket.

·
Registered
351 Posts
First you need heated grips actually installed on the bike, I believe only touring models comes with them from factory.

Once the grips are installed the tech needs to activate in the software.

A grip icon will appear in top right of dash.

Had them installed on my Enduro as aftermarket.
By the look of my grips (picture) i thought i had them. I believe the previous owner had them installed together with the center stand.

·
Registered
351 Posts
By the look of my grips (picture) i thought i had them. I believe the previous owner had them installed together with the center stand.

Doesn't that button indicates that indeed the bikes have heated grips?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Doesn't that button indicates that indeed the bikes have heated grips?

I just checked my bike. If you look at the left grip there is a little wire on the bottom side which is probably the lead for my left heated grip

·
Registered
252 Posts
Got my 2016 PP, 3 weeks ago, i noticed what it seem a switch for heated grips, but nothing happens, when i push the button. Does it need to be activated on the dash menu? I couldn't find any info on this.

do the PP come standard with heated grips to begin with?

maybe the switch is there but has no function because the heated grips are not standard on a PP bike?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just checked my bike. If you look at the left grip there is a little wire on the bottom side which is probably the lead for my left heated grip

Could you take a picture of the wire? I dont see any coming directly out of the grip, but there is one from the control.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Could you take a picture of the wire? I dont see any coming directly out of the grip, but there is one from the control.

There you go!

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
do the PP come standard with heated grips to begin with?

maybe the switch is there but has no function because the heated grips are not standard on a PP bike?
When the sales guy was going over the bike after signing the paperwork told me mine came with them. On the way home I tried turning them on and nothing. Came back the next week and told them the heated grips weren't working and I was told by the service guy that the bike didn't come with heated grips, but that the button was already provided for when I wanted to add them. LAME IMO. Although the PP is not the touring model the premium price tag that was attached to it should have included all of the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone,

Happy owner of a 1200S Touring from the Miami - FL area, recently found and registered in the forum.

Love this amazing machine even though sometimes we have to bear with some little irritating problems that would hardly happen on a Japanese bike. But we wouldn’t have the same thrill and fun on a jap bike, so..... as the saying goes: “You can take a Ducati out of Italy, but never Italy out of a Ducati”.

0EB88B98-A70F-4EB5-9751-48768843E253.jpeg
4A230953-CE0A-4A8E-B8D9-856E1F5BB5A3.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
[QUOTE="fipenna, post: 7035280 as the saying goes: “You can take a Ducati out of Italy, but never Italy out of a Ducati”.
Thats a saying?

So what about Ducati's made in Asia?

Congratz btw
[/QUOTE]

Didn’t know there were any! What models/years?

Re the saying: first heard it for Alfa Romeo, but is so perfectly transferable to Ducati that I kind of adopted it for my own piece of mind....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone. Happy to join the community.

I've never owned a Ducati and have been bike-less for the last two years (except for my wife's Ninja 500) since moving from California to Baltimore. I have been hunting for my new do-it-all-year-round-except-offroad bike and this summer I test rode about a dozen motorcycles at demo days for BMW, KTM, Kawasaki, and Yamaha. I've owned multiple Hondas and Suzukis. On the test rides I was particularly impressed with the Yamaha XSR900, Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT+, and the KTM 790 Adventure.

Last weekend I test rode a 2012 1200 S Touring. It was like all the best parts of the new motorcycles I test rode put together and after making sure maintenance was in order (it just had the big 15,000 mile service) I knew this was the one.

Joining the club this Saturday. Dealer is installing crash bars and bark busters now. I could not be more excited.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi folks: I've had at least one Ducati since 81 and after a very long time off the road, I got my old girl running again back in June and just picked up an old-stock, new 2017 Enduro three weeks ago. Insurance ran out on the 81 MHR two weeks ago so she's back in the living room for winter but the plan is to run the Enduro over winter and do some longer distance touring camping trips next year.

301 - 320 of 321 Posts